Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx/Diy TQ
    Suspension
    MSH/Straps

Ikea hammock stand

I haven't seen a whole lot on this stand so I thought I'd share my opinion on it. I just picked it up this past weekend. Overall I'm pretty happy with it. This is a picture of it with my Eno DN. It could easily hang a longer hammock if you had similar suspension.

Hammock
    DH Darien/DIY
    Tarp
    WL Big Daddy
    Insulation
    JrB, HG, WL
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    IMG_1430.jpg

I extended mine to make it taller for a tarp. Not very cheap but I had the pipe on hand already.

Hammock
    Grizzbridge/RR/DIY GE/Pares
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckle/strap
    How much did you get it for? Looks very nice..... My mouth is watering. Saturday meat ball run sounds fun to me!

Hammock
    Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx/Diy TQ
    Suspension
    MSH/Straps
    Nodust, that is awesome. I will have to check that out.

I think I paid like $69 or $79. It is a little on the expensive side but it looks nice and clean for the back porch or anywhere else.

Hammock
    DH Darien/DIY
    Tarp
    WL Big Daddy
    Insulation
    JrB, HG, WL
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtupnsmoke View Post
    Nodust, that is awesome. I will have to check that out.

I think I paid like $69 or $79. It is a little on the expensive side but it looks nice and clean for the back porch or anywhere else.
    The stand was about that from Amazon I think. The pipe is about $70 from Lowes if you have to buy it.

I used 1". There is a 12" piece in each stand support. Then a 45* elbow, with a 36" on top of the elbow. The top bar is 13' but can break down to 6' sections and one 1'.

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    What's the distance from connecting ring to connecting ring on the stand? What is their height from ground? In other words, if it were "trees", how far apart would they been and how far up could you rig the suspension. At that price point it comes in about $30 less than my pipe stand project. But I might have more range. On the other hand, that commercial model as a higher "accepted by the boss" factor and problem breaks down/puts together faster. Thank you for sharing.

Hammock
    DH Darien/DIY
    Tarp
    WL Big Daddy
    Insulation
    JrB, HG, WL
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    What's the distance from connecting ring to connecting ring on the stand? What is their height from ground? In other words, if it were "trees", how far apart would they been and how far up could you rig the suspension. At that price point it comes in about $30 less than my pipe stand project. But I might have more range. On the other hand, that commercial model as a higher "accepted by the boss" factor and problem breaks down/puts together faster. Thank you for sharing.
    It is right at 13' end to end. I couldn't hang my WBBB from it without the extensions I added. Maybe 4' high. The OP's may be a little different because his hammock looks to be higher off the ground than I was able to get.

Hammock
    Currently GT Double Parachute; GTUL
    Insulation
    DIY Costco throw
    Suspension
    1" polyweb & rings
    Sorry to resurrect this thread but I was wondering if everyone's Garo Stand is the same? I just got one a few weeks ago and can't seem to hang my GT double (twin of the ENO DN) without ending up sitting on the lower bar. I had changed my suspension to rings and webbing on the hammock and am currently using a caribiner to attach the rings to the attachment point on the hammock. I also tried using a GTUL (also with changed suspension) which is strung tight to not end up touching the bottom bar and is far from comfortable.

Did Ikea change their Garo specs to be lower/shorter in this year's model? The ends are approximately 49" from the ground and approximately 116" end to end?

I am currently looking at extending this stand somehow so I can hang higher though I'm not quite sure how to go about doing it.
    Last edited by leemur; 05-11-2015 at 07:08. Reason: Forgot to add measurements

How do you have this attached. It looks like you have both continuous loops on your hammock larks headed to the stand loops but I don't understand how that would be possible?

Jtupnsmoke, how do you have this attached. It looks like you have both continuous loops on your hammock larks headed to the stand loops but I don't understand how that would be possible?

• + New Posts