Alright just got back from a campout yesterday and I'll start off I am super allergic to poison ivy always have been it gets every where and stays for like four days. So I always am looking out for it even in the winter I'm cautious.
So I know what the poison ivy leaves look like but poison ivy also can be sertan vines and those are what make me nervous because I don't know what vines are poison ivy and what ones aren't.
But anyways almost all the trees here in Mo/AR have some sort of vines wrapped up the trees (obviously have to have contact with them for my tree straps and tarp)
Um soi guess my main questin is when I get into the poison ivy should I wash off all of my gear that I touched so when I handle my gear again (and my hammock) I don't get poison ivy again? I know poison obey isn't really contagious tone touch from person to person (once the oils set in) but say I got it on my hammock or tree hungers when setting up and they got it on my backpack so in so forth do I need to wash everything they may have touched poisonivy directly or indirectly?
Thanks a tone guys!