Hammock
    Shelltowee Boone 20
    Tarp
    Need one
    Insulation
    UGQ
    Suspension
    buckles&straps
    Me 2, if I know gear is being delivered i take the day off work. ;-). Cali, glad to hear the exped synmat worked out good for you in the Amok Draumr. Maybe they will update and work on a better/longer version of the tarp in the future. I still love my Draumr and not worried about an extra 1-2 pounds for the system as I'm more worried about comfort these days, and love the all in one system with hammock, bug net, and tarp. Sean

Hammock
    Switchback/Speer/T-Bird/WBBB/Lt Owl
    Tarp
    SF/CF/Cldburst/Oge
    Insulation
    Incub/Buro/Snugfit
    Suspension
    Cinch Straps
    It definitely has everything you need to set it up except the pad. It sure is quality gear. I will only use it car camping since the weight is a bit high, and my old butt can't handle a heavy pack anymore.
    "No whining in the woods"

Hammock
    Amok Draumr
    Insulation
    EXPED downmat

One long and overdue reply:)

Thanks again for your patience and feedback, everyone I gathered some of the most common questions/concerns in this reply. I'll try to check in on the forum more regularly from now on.

Quote Originally Posted by f k View Post
    That is pretty cool. I will be excited to see the final price and shipping as well. I bet my stanley flask would fit nicely in the bottle holder as well. =)

Another question i have is about the pad sleeve. Is it just for standard size pads or will it fit wider ones as well?
    It's actually designed with both the "regular" and the "large/large wide" inflatable pads in mind. As the pads help stretch out the fabric they essentially become part of the construction and have to be accounted for in terms of stability, point of gravity etc etc. You can use both kinds of pads, but we recommend the "large/large wide" versions as these give the most comfort, especially for tall people.

Bottle holder? Do you mean the beer holder?

Quote Originally Posted by Dos View Post
    If you need a tester/reviewer, I am flip flopping the AT this year.
    Let me know of your shipping prices.

My HH Hammock ALWAYS got rave reviews on the trail and many people switched from tents,
    Quote Originally Posted by biggameken View Post
    I second this comment! Any chance we'll be seeing a SHUG review on this rig in the near future?
    Hey Amok folks, getting a rig into Shug's hands is a great way to spread the word about your product. I find my self waiting with baited breath for his gear reviews...
    We are planning on having some of the 2nd generation products tested by HF-members (maybe have them swapped after hangs/events or something). We won't make any promises yet, but we'll post something on the forum next spring. Stay tuned

Quote Originally Posted by Cali View Post
    They have a US distributor, and we don't get those nice vacations. Should be shipping as Jerven said, according to their facebook page.
    The auto-reply was just to give us a breather from some of the not-so-urgent mail Launching a new product = no real vacation, but loads of fun. It took time to answer some e-mails as we had to confirm shipments etc with our partners first. Sorry!

Quote Originally Posted by Rolloff View Post
    Great new innovative design. I want one!

That said, hows the condensation show up with the pad configuration? If it's been defeated, then even better, and worth every penny.

Adding a redesign to accommodate, and another 200 bucks for a custom UQ really takes this to another price range level for me though. Get a few across the pond. I'd really need to see this in action at a hang, before considering purchasing.

Rolloff
    The Draumr is a dedicated pad design. Using an under quilt will be possible, but a pad or DIY of some sort will be needed to stretch the fabric. With the right sleeping pad, an UQ will not bee needed for warmth. In terms of condensation under your body, then a regular hammock with UQ is better unless you do some DIY voodoo on the Draumr (or use a special pad)

Quote Originally Posted by Foxpoop View Post
    Update: don't try to get in the hammock with the bugnet clipped to the ridgeline. I did this today and sat on the bugnet. The result of my stupidity was a ripped bugnet. Totally bummed out, especially since I got this for my wife and she loved the bugnet.
    Sorry to hear that, Rolloff:/ I have good news for you though - the bug net tear will be a quick fix. I assume the tear is along the seam in the middle (the transverse). The bug net has some stretch and you should be able to just fold the ripped edge over itself and then put it on top of the original seam. Do some rows of stitching with a thin thread and low tension on the machine. You should be fine. PM me if there's an issue

Quote Originally Posted by Jerven View Post
    Awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by sportsguy View Post
    I ordered one late last week. Then promptly left town on vacation. Have received zero from them by way of an email. Just the receipt from Paypal saying the money was sent. Hoping to get an email this week to set my expectations for delivery.
    Sorry about this, sportsguy! We unfortunately did not have an automated system for confirmation and shipping updates up and running. We are working on this Thanks for your patience.

Make sure you don't tighten the suspension straps too tightly, as they will be next to impossible to loosen if you do. Don't ask me how I know this?? Hang the hammock higher to allow sag and to make room for stretch, at least initially.
    I second that! We have had some feedback on this - thus the update video! Hang Draumr with some sag on the suspension. See the video for how-to-loosen instructions if you tighten too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Rviator325 View Post
    .....Now to my gripes. After two days, I still hadn't figured out a smooth way of getting in the hammock. Folding the mat and sitting in it as shown in Amok's video never worked well for me. I ended up just backing up to the Hammock with my legs spread and pulled it as far forward between my legs and then inching myself backwards; I'll practice more next time I go up. In regards to the metal buckle on the tree straps, it was indeed difficult to release, but it looks like Jonas just addressed this in their most recent video. Finally, the foot box material doesn't breathe and collects condensation. The first night, I used a sleeping bag and it was very moist at the bottom of the bag. The next night I just used a blanket (mid 50's F at night), but the footbox was still wet on the inside. ....

RViator325
    Thanks for you feedback, Rviator325! Getting into the Draumr gets easier over time. My only recommendation is to hang it low, hold onto the ridgeline and do it slow and easy.
    The footbox is something we are working on, along with tarp coverage and some other things. It's a trade-off between protection from muddy ground (chair-mode used to low...), splashing rain and condensation...

For tall folks, there is a loop on the head end by the zipper. I attached some shock cord and ran it to a stake or branch. This helped to keep the netting off my head and gave me a lot, and I mean a lot more room at the head end.
    I second this - just remember to use elastic chord and preferably something you can adjust after entering the hammock. Using a strong chord without stretch can tear the connection point if you hang in strong wind or try to "jump into" the hammock.

I hope I answered most of your questions. Thanks again for your feedback and support.
    - Jonas
    Product developer from Norway. Captain of Amok Equipment.
    www.amokequipment.com
    https://www.facebook.com/amokequipment

Hammock
    Too many to choose just one
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Hex or WP
    Insulation
    UGQ Bandit 30* or
    Suspension
    Depends on my mood
    Thanks for the response. My wife was able to repair the tear in the bug net. She really likes the hammock. I will stick to my gathered end hammocks, but I am still very happy with my purchase because it has got my wife hanging with me much more often.

Hammock
    Tarp
    SF/CF/Cldburst/Oge
    Insulation
    Incub/Buro/Snugfit
    Suspension
    Cinch Straps
    Thank you Jonas, I am loving this hammock, and finding new things I like everytime I hang in it. I will admit when I slept in it the other night I dreamed I saw and heard a bear. As it was 2 am. and I was disoriented, I finished my sleep in the house. I did get a good laugh at it in the morning when I woke up. I still giggle when I think about it.

I was not able to avoid pain in my knees. I am 5-8 and I had to be up close to the head end to be flat. If I was anywhere near the foot box, my feet were too close to the ground. Maybe the problem was too thin of a pad. I think it is about 2 inches. I am not sure if the knee problem could have been eliminated if I knew how to set the adjustible pulls for the feet end of the "chair" adjustment. I slept extremely well until the knee pain woke me up. No problems were caused by a moderate rain. Dry as a bone.

Hammock
    Tarp
    SF/CF/Cldburst/Oge
    Insulation
    Incub/Buro/Snugfit
    Suspension
    Cinch Straps
    I think you may need a thicker ped, but I can't be sure.

Hammock
    Draumr or Sierra Madre
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    lots of down
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Images
    Just ordered one (Draumr 3.0) after meeting these guys and testing out 1 of the 4 they had set up.
    Megan
    In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer. [Albert Camus]

Hammock
    DH Sparrow
    Tarp
    WB Mountain Fly
    Insulation
    SMR TQ+UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch straps
    I have an original Amok Draumr for sale. Found it too fussy to set up and went back to my Clark NX-250. Only set up once in my post and beam house so never been outdoors yet. Does not include the pad required.
    Grey Eagle
    “Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.” John Muir

Hammock
    WB-BB 1.7DBL WB-RR 1.1DBL
    Tarp
    2x WB SuperFly
    Insulation
    Selk'Bag Patagon
    Suspension
    TATO Stands
    Images
    I ordered two v3's last Friday when I got the release-for-sale email. Looking forward to receiving the ship/tracking info hopefully in a few days. Also ordered two of the SynMat 9 LW mats. Should be fun. The HH exp and WBBB are going to feel orphaned ; )

Thom
    Blogging from the WET! Coast of Oregon - Accrete.com
    mine:WB-BB hers:WB-RR, 2xWB SuperFly

• + New Posts
  • Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast