Hammock
    Work in Prog
    Images

Free standing yard hammock?

I am looking to buy something for my wifes cousin that just bought a house in NY. Of course my idea was to get them a hammock. I think they only have one tree and I am not looking to get them a project or something I build for them because I am in NC.
    I am going to start looking, but not sure about brands or stores to purchase from. I have see many of them in peoples yards and I am sure many of the big box chains like lowes, walmart, target home depot will have something.
    I am guessing around $100 or so and it needs to camp with the stand and maybe hold 2 well fit people. Together they may weight less then me.
    Store, price and first hand knowledge would be great. Thanks.

Hammock
    Dangerbird
    Tarp
    Zpacks Cuban
    Insulation
    3S Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I would think you'd want to look at something like the Byer hammock stand. There are less expensive types of this stand but still, I think $100 for stand and hammock is going to be hard to find.

Look on Amazon for stands and 2 person hammocks.

Hammock
    Work in Prog
    Images
    Yes it seems 100 is a reach, how about around 200?

I found http://www.amazon.com/Deluxe-Curved-...=hammock+stand

Hammock
    Dangerbird
    Tarp
    Zpacks Cuban
    Insulation
    3S Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    If you want it to be able to support 2 people you need to be sure of a stands weight rating. The specific hammock too. I see no rating info on the rig at that link.

Example: The Byer of Maine stand has a rating of 350lbs. I've seen those. They are one of the more popular stands. Not as aesthetically pleasing to look at as the one in your link, but would probably function better.

Hammock
    Work in Prog
    Images
    i am not stuck to holding 2 people, or 100. i did find one for 200 that held 2 with a 450 limit but it didnt look steady. i will find the link later and post.

Hi all. I figure I'd jump in here as well since I'm looking for the same thing. When looking for a freestanding hammock stand for an ENO or similar hammock what styles are the best to use.

Direct clipping to the bars? the style where the suspension goes over top and then attaches back down near the bottom of the poles? Also what is a good distance. I have seen some reviews on Amazon that mention the 9' ones tend to have you hang too low to the ground.

Hammock
    Switchback/DD Superlight
    Tarp
    BDD/DDH SL
    Insulation
    JRBShen/AHE/DDH UB
    Suspension
    Straps/DC-DDH susp
    I have the BOM stand that has the tightening knobs sticking up from the "keel" - painful if you sag too low. They came out with the knobs on the side but I think it's hard to tell in advance as the photos may not have been updated. Perhaps someone in Byer's of Maine can advise. By model number, perhaps?

I'd love to get this for car camping where tree hanging is not allowed. Tho a bit pricey, not out of the realm of possibility. Need to start throwing $$$ in a cookie jar?

http://www.boonedoxusa.com/product/boonedox-drifte

Quote Originally Posted by sandykayak View Post
    I have the BOM stand that has the tightening knobs sticking up from the "keel" - painful if you sag too low. They came out with the knobs on the side but I think it's hard to tell in advance as the photos may not have been updated. Perhaps someone in Byer's of Maine can advise. By model number, perhaps?

I'd love to get this for car camping where tree hanging is not allowed. Tho a bit pricey, not out of the realm of possibility. Need to start throwing $$$ in a cookie jar?

http://www.boonedoxusa.com/product/boonedox-drifte
    That is nice. I like that it's transportable if I want to.

What are the differences as to structurally of the different types.

I was looking at this

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002URS7ZG/..._vFtHtb15Z92MW

But at 9ft I think it would be too short for a good hang and staying off the ground at only 48" high.

So confused but want something I can use on the patio or in the basement at home.

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    I was looking at this

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002URS7ZG/..._vFtHtb15Z92MW

But at 9ft I think it would be too short for a good hang and staying off the ground at only 48" high.

So confused but want something I can use on the patio or in the basement at home.
    You're not going to be able to get a good lay with that stand (they should have a version with the canvas hammock for about the same price, which is what I have) for anything more than a casual hangout, I usually just do some reading in mine in the backyard and have fallen asleep a couple of times but it isn't something I would want to sleep in and doesn't come close to fitting my DoubleNest or JungleNest.

Yeah I've been looking at 12-15' options now

• + New Posts