Hammock
    DIY PolyD 1.2
    Tarp
    DIY .74 oz cuben
    Insulation
    Marmot Mod & DIY
    Suspension
    Dynaglide & Anchor
    The 30d MARPAT I ordered from them had a printing void but still an excellent deal.

I've had enough to make several UL hammocks, gear bags, ghillie suit, deer blind, and a camo cover for my truck -- all off of one roll.
    Mike

Learn to survive and thrive in any situation, for you never know what might happen. Love family and friends passionately. Suffer no fool. Know your purpose in life and follow it with all your heart.

Hammock
    11' Nylon w/knotty
    Tarp
    Squidbilly Hex
    Insulation
    DIY Down TQ+UQ
    Suspension
    Slings/toggles
    Quote Originally Posted by Bushwhacker View Post
    Out of curiosity, what are all you people doing with >200 yards of ripstop?
    I managed to get in on some ABU 1.1oz ripstop with only a 24yd. quantity, but obviously the shipping of the roll was still quite high so my price shipped was right abotut $2/yd - I don't have enough projects that require regular pure finish ripstop to justify more than 30 yds. I'm sure those who are heavily involved in local outdoor clubs or scouts are making hammocks, UQ covers, stuff sacks, etc. for their local groups, friends, and family. But yeah, 200 yds seems like a LOT to me!

Hammock
    DIY DL Gathered-End
    Tarp
    DIY Super Fly
    I'm still waiting on my order from Magna. I sent a couple of emails in early April 2014 - never received any response. Placed an order on April 17. Order was confirmed and card was dinged, but no shipping confirmation. I called the phone number on April 28. Guy (don't recall the name) was apologetic and said that the shipping label printed, but never shipped. He said he'd ship it out "right away" and email the shipping confirmation. Today is May 5. Still nothing.

I've long since received my orders from Dutch and DIY Supply (placed the same day). I've completed my suspension and winter tarp (out of Argon silnylon). Now I just need my fabric so I can work on my hammock. I'm running out of things to do!

Hammock
    DREAM HAMMOCK
    Tarp
    U G Q .
    Insulation
    U G Q .
    Suspension
    RSBTR STRAPS
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Celly View Post
    I'm still waiting on my order from Magna. I sent a couple of emails in early April 2014 - never received any response. Placed an order on April 17. Order was confirmed and card was dinged, but no shipping confirmation. I called the phone number on April 28. Guy (don't recall the name) was apologetic and said that the shipping label printed, but never shipped. He said he'd ship it out "right away" and email the shipping confirmation. Today is May 5. Still nothing.

I've long since received my orders from Dutch and DIY Supply (placed the same day). I've completed my suspension and winter tarp (out of Argon silnylon). Now I just need my fabric so I can work on my hammock. I'm running out of things to do!
    The guys name is Larry and he has problems remembering stuff,, i think he has too much going on and uses school kids as part time employees alot, i just talked to him and his one and only adult employee just quit and he is overwhelmed, give him another call, i allways get my orders, he does sometimes need reminding but he is not the type to rip anyone off--- call again

Hammock
    DIY Dual Layer 1.8oz Gathered End
    Tarp
    DIY Silnylon
    Insulation
    Thermarest ProLite
    Suspension
    Straps 'n' Toggle
    Quote Originally Posted by nuttysquirrel View Post
    still a good deal. i recently scored .66 cent ripstop (including shipping!).
    Did you order through their website or on the phone/email? I've been trying to get an order through for a week on the phone and email. Just wondering if it works to order on the site. Larry told me that the site is not up to date.

"Be excellent to each other!" ~Abraham Lincoln

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    what are all you people doing with >200 yards of ripstop?
    making lots of DIY hammocks, stuff sacks ect. with that much fabric I can play around with different designs and is it does not work out, not a bug deal
    I am still 18 but with 52 years of experience !

Hammock
    DIYGS 1.1 DL
    Tarp
    Blue HarborFreight
    Insulation
    sleeping bag & pad
    Suspension
    dynaglide UCRs

My order took quite a while to process and to ship, and one of the items wasn't actually available (ordered online) any longer (but he substituted with something comparable).
    The site and service leaves much to be desired, but the prices are worth it IMO.

Hammock
    DIYGS 1.1 DL
    Tarp
    Blue HarborFreight
    Insulation
    sleeping bag & pad
    Suspension
    dynaglide UCRs
    Quote Originally Posted by Bushwhacker View Post
    Out of curiosity, what are all you people doing with >200 yards of ripstop?
    Trial and error
    If the DIY sil concept works for me, I'll have even more uses for all of it...

Hammock
    DIY DL Gathered-End
    Tarp
    DIY Super Fly
    To update this thread, I finally received my order from Magna. Apparently, my first order got lost in the mail. Several phone calls and excuses later, we finally got it sorted out and money refunded. Placed a second order and received it in 4 days.

Lessons learned: (1) Call first to confirm what is in stock - the website is not always up-to-date. (2) Order via email or online. Call a few hours after you order to confirm the order is received and when it will be filled/shipped. (3) Make sure that you ask for the tracking number and call back every day until you get a tracking number. (4) Obviously, be polite. The guy at Magna is reasonable and polite, but sounds like he is extremely overworked and busy. Things may fall through the cracks, but being rude doesn't score you any extra points. (This isn't a "lesson-learned" per se, but just plain old advice.) (5) Don't expect all of the fabric to be usable quality, so order more than you need. When my roll arrived, it looked like it started to come undone a bit while in transit. The first 2 feet or so were quite marked up and ragged. The next yard or two are extremely wrinkled, but otherwise usable.

Overall impressions: Worth it for the price. I got so much extra that I can experiment on a lot of different projects. Price per yard ends up being so cheap that if I mess something up horrifically, no big deal to scrap it and start over.

Hammock
    DREAM HAMMOCK
    Tarp
    U G Q .
    Insulation
    U G Q .
    Suspension
    RSBTR STRAPS
    Images
    To update this thread, I finally received my order from Magna. Apparently, my first order got lost in the mail. Several phone calls and excuses later, we finally got it sorted out and money refunded. Placed a second order and received it in 4 days.

Lessons learned: (1) Call first to confirm what is in stock - the website is not always up-to-date. (2) Order via email or online. Call a few hours after you order to confirm the order is received and when it will be filled/shipped. (3) Make sure that you ask for the tracking number and call back every day until you get a tracking number. (4) Obviously, be polite. The guy at Magna is reasonable and polite, but sounds like he is extremely overworked and busy. Things may fall through the cracks, but being rude doesn't score you any extra points. (This isn't a "lesson-learned" per se, but just plain old advice.) (5) Don't expect all of the fabric to be usable quality, so order more than you need. When my roll arrived, it looked like it started to come undone a bit while in transit. The first 2 feet or so were quite marked up and ragged. The next yard or two are extremely wrinkled, but otherwise usable.

Overall impressions: Worth it for the price. I got so much extra that I can experiment on a lot of different projects. Price per yard ends up being so cheap that if I mess something up horrifically, no big deal to scrap it and start over.

Very well put, you have magna all figured out, yes sometimes it takes alittle more paitance than other times but dollar for dollar his prices cant be beat.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123