Tarp
    Edge or TrailStar
    Insulation
    quilts and pads
    Suspension
    Adj. Webbing
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SilvrSurfr View Post
    Actually anything under 60 degrees I don't use a bugnet. "Mosquitoes function best at 80o F, become lethargic at 60o F and cannot function below 50o F."

http://www-rci.rutgers.edu/~insects/mosfaq.htm

My NanoBuginator gets very little use during the year 'cause you won't see me hanging in July and August unless it's someplace with temps that discourage bug activity.
    Bulltit! Normal temperature in summer here in Finland is 15 C (60 F), there are no problems for mosquitos to operate.

Only after good freezing night there is no problem with mosquitos, and that means about -5 C (23 F). And of course there are other bugs which entertain us nicely even after freezing cold night if temperature is over 0 C (32 C) during daytime for example elk fly's and midges.

Our mosquitos operate happily at any temperature over 0 C (32 F), and sometimes so called autumn mosquitos fly even under 0 C.
    Last edited by voivalin; 05-01-2014 at 06:34.

Hammock
    Bonefire™ Bridge
    Tarp
    Bonefire™ Shadow
    Insulation
    Bonefire™ UQ
    Suspension
    Bonefire™ Deluxe
    Images
    I personally like the ease of entry of a bottom entry net, but I prefer the security of keeping all of my stuff in the same place and the shape that an integrated bugnet allows. I use my hammock as a stuff-sack. Camp stuff goes inside and because the insulation of my Bonefire Hammocks (TM) is integrated, I stuff the hammock (and everything in it) into my waterproof section of my backpack. Easy set up and take down of camp.
    -Jeremy "Brother Bones"
    Quote Originally Posted by FLRider View Post
    ...he's a mountain goat crossed with a marathoner.

Hammock
    Switchback/DD Superlight
    Tarp
    BDD/DDH SL
    Insulation
    JRBShen/AHE/DDH UB
    Suspension
    Straps/DC-DDH susp
    Just as I was thinking of getting a netless hammock and trying my Wilderness Logics zippered net and/or the HUG (I have both), this thread reminded me how one of my two Chihuahuas fell overboard when I slept in a borrowed DIY netless. So, add keep the doggies inside as a pro vote for integrated.

Love my Switchback original...just looking for a smaller and lighter "sister."

Was looking at the DH Freebird, the WB Traveler, and the Snipe. Love the Knotty mod. Anyone thinking of selling a gently used Snipe? Better go to the FS and WTB forums.

Hammock
    several
    Tarp
    HG CF+doors
    Insulation
    down UQ + TQ
    Suspension
    simple
    Quote Originally Posted by SilvrSurfr View Post
    ...there is no blood on my quilts or my hammocks.
    Menopause?

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 DL/AH Original
    Tarp
    Hennessy Hex w/SS
    Insulation
    AHE NR UQ
    Suspension
    Webbing/buckles
    I love my WBBB 1.7 DL.....Integrated bugnet is perfect for me. If I'm not needing a bugnet, I use my AH Original, so different jobs require different tools. I have a friend who loves his ENO DN with guardian net; to each his own. Permethrin is your friend regardless of what you choose;-) Great day to all:-)

Hammock
    WBBB's
    Tarp
    UGQ, WB, OES
    Insulation
    UGQ UQs/TQs
    Suspension
    Straps/Carabiners
    I also love the zipped net on my WBBB. I don't always need the net for bug protection, but it's always there when I do need it, instead of an accessory that might be left at home. Being built in, it's more compact than a separate net, too. When zipped up with the side tieouts staked, the net has another benefit in that it holds the interior of the hammock open, which makes it even more pleasant to lay in. The net also provides decent privacy. Of course, any time I don't want the net, I can simply tie it back and enjoy an open night under the stars.

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Gruxxx View Post
    I also love the zipped net on my WBBB. I don't always need the net for bug protection, but it's always there when I do need it, instead of an accessory that might be left at home. Being built in, it's more compact than a separate net, too. When zipped up with the side tieouts staked, the net has another benefit in that it holds the interior of the hammock open, which makes it even more pleasant to lay in. The net also provides decent privacy. Of course, any time I don't want the net, I can simply tie it back and enjoy an open night under the stars.
    Integrated net can't be left at home? Better integrate your tarp with your hammock so it can't be left at home. Don't forget to integrate the stakes, pad or quilts too! While an integrated net obviously weighs less than a separate one, that doesn't mean that your WBBB is more compact, and it definitely doesn't weigh less than my BIAS Hiker Lite and NanoBuginator (16.5 ounces).
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hammock
    WBRR / WBBB
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG / UGQ
    Suspension
    Buckles / Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by Izraelius View Post
    PEACE OF MIND! My first hammock was a GT (without a bug net) and I realized I didn't sleep as well because I always had to remember in the back of my mind that I could slip my head or foot out over the edge.

Since getting a Dream Hammock with a zipper attached bug net, the peace of mind that knowing I don't have to worry about an edge seriously helps me relax and sleep so much better. It's one less thing on my mind and I can truly enjoy that peace and quiet of the Cascade mountains!
    I had the same issue. then I went to integrated, and I lived happily ever after
    I'm a Mormon. I know it, I live it, and I love it.

In defense of an integrated bug net with a zipper, I flip my hammock over in the winter time and use the bug net to hold my insulation under me. It works perfectly as a double layer hammock. I also use it flipped over (without the insulation) in the summer in areas with no bugs. When there are bugs, I use it with the bug net up and sleep like a baby listening to the attack outside the net. So in defense of an integrated net, it makes for one piece of gear that is flexible for multiple situations.

Hammock
    DIY Argon 1.6 Woodland Camo
    Tarp
    WB Edge
    Insulation
    Burrow 30/Jarbidge
    Suspension
    Buckles 'n' Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by Dedicated Hanger View Post
    In defense of an integrated bug net with a zipper, I flip my hammock over in the winter time and use the bug net to hold my insulation under me. It works perfectly as a double layer hammock. I also use it flipped over (without the insulation) in the summer in areas with no bugs. When there are bugs, I use it with the bug net up and sleep like a baby listening to the attack outside the net. So in defense of an integrated net, it makes for one piece of gear that is flexible for multiple situations.
    That's a great idea, haven't heard/read that yet. I'll be trying that once the temps here get back under 75 at night.

• + New Posts
  • Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast