I just got 2 HH, a hyperlight and an expedition, and so far I have been using the system the way Hennessy recommends (or at least I think I am). My previous system was the typical a la carte, with the tarp on it's own line. While it is easier to simply pull everything out of the snakeskins all together and just stake down the tarp as well as the hammock pullouts, I feel uneasy about the tarp with regards to stress and a tight pitch. I watched Derek's vid on getting a tight pitch by using a 30 degree angle, but I just don't feel confident in this system yet. I am still adjusting to the whole new setup, and I do miss my whoopies that have now been replaced with the spectra cord knotted to a carabiniere on the straps.

So, I am wondering what other HH users do as far as the tarp because I have already ripped one tieout on an end of one of the tarps due to too much strain placed on it. That was the first day, so I think I am improving, but I don't want my learning curve to be at the cost of my gear.

(on a side note, is it easy to fix a ripped tie-out)