Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Sound good to me! I won't be attending the tour as I will have to work around a co-worker scheduled vacation and will be coming in Friday afternoon. I probably will be in on the raffle and will let you know soon. A big thanks to you Bigfoot, I look forward to meeting you. Also a big thanks to Rip, look forward to "hanging" out with you again.
    Doug
    Ps. What trail head is the starting point?

Hammock
    Tree2Tree Switchback..Pink Panther
    Tarp
    AHE Toxiway Lylac!
    Insulation
    Golite top/BF UQ
    Suspension
    Webbing/Dutch Clip

Red face

HEY NORTHFORK 9,

BF worked really hard to make sure all the information about the trip is posted here is a link to all the information you will need to get there

http://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/siusl...a/?recid=42399

I am looking forward to this year's hang I did not attend the first year, however I have heard all about it from BF and our Son AKA Spork so I am really excited to get ready for this. All I can say about this year's charity is....I promise you won't be disappointed. The Wolves are just breath taking and beautiful The first time we went they howled and I still get goose bumps when I think about it. Here are a couple pics I took on one of the many times we've visited the wolves and Lois their caretaker. 249247_10150266931614360_5102934_n.jpg254702_10150266930484360_3758005_n.jpg262937_10150266930154360_2850187_n.jpg281952_10150266930219360_3246793_n.jpg

this should be a trip we will all remember for a long time.

Tweety

Quote Originally Posted by Northfork9 View Post
    Sound good to me! I won't be attending the tour as I will have to work around a co-worker scheduled vacation and will be coming in Friday afternoon. I probably will be in on the raffle and will let you know soon. A big thanks to you Bigfoot, I look forward to meeting you. Also a big thanks to Rip, look forward to "hanging" out with you again.
    Doug
    Ps. What trail head is the starting point?
    LIVE.. LOVE.. LAUGH... AND DRIVE BF CRAZY!!

Banned
    Hammock
    Nylon between two trees.
    Tarp
    Simply Light
    Insulation
    enLIGHTened Eqmt.
    Suspension
    Made Some Whoopie!
    Quote Originally Posted by Northfork9 View Post
    What trail head is the starting point?
    Harris Ranch trailhead.

BF

Banned
    Hammock
    Nylon between two trees.
    Tarp
    Simply Light
    Insulation
    enLIGHTened Eqmt.
    Suspension
    Made Some Whoopie!
    Oh, I forgot to mention that the White Wolf Sanctuary in Tidewater is VERY close to where the trail head turn off is, just off the main highway. Close like in just a few minutes/miles drive. This means that if you were thinking you might not be able to make the tour, remember that the tour location and the trail head are almost on top of each other.

BF
    Last edited by bigfoot2; 04-14-2014 at 22:48.

Hammock
    Ask me tomorrow
    Tarp
    Old Blue
    Insulation
    DIY, HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Agnostic
    Images
    Sounds awesome. DFab and I will do all the donatey stuff tomorrow.

Thanks for organizing, as always. Looking forward to hanging with y'all and I'm happy to help pack stuff down and help out however you need.

Hammock
    Hennessy Hyperlite
    Tarp
    OES MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 20 UQ
    I'll need to wait to find out what my new work schedule is with my new job...also, how are you getting around the 12 person limit in the wilderness area?
    Blog: www.renegadepilgrim.com
    Tumblr/Instagram/Twitter: renegadepilgrim

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Banned
    Hammock
    Nylon between two trees.
    Tarp
    Simply Light
    Insulation
    enLIGHTened Eqmt.
    Suspension
    Made Some Whoopie!
    Quote Originally Posted by renegadepilgrim View Post
    ...how are you getting around the 12 person limit in the wilderness area?
    Good question! We are going to just split the groups into two or three and just practice dispersed camping. Very simple. Honestly, in all my years hiking in the Drift Creek wilderness, I have yet to see a ranger or any official actually checking or enforcing the group size limit. As hammock hangers, we all tend to split up and hang fairly far apart or in small groups, anyway.

Wilderness guidelines:
    "Large groups should split to conform to group size limits (no more than 12 people) and plan on traveling and camping separately."

Drift Creek isn't like some restricted use areas, like the Obsidian Trail in the Three Sisters. We'll be fine if we just split into two hiking groups and just meet at the main campsite when we get there.

Just wanted to give a BIG shout out to Creativekate and Dfab for donating MORE than the required $30.00/person! It is greatly appreciated by the wolves and i'm sure they'll thank you when they see you in August

We have four confirmed spots/donations, so we only need 16 more people to make our Sanctuary tour goal donation/ price point of $30.00/per person for the reduced large group tour rate. C'mon, people....it's to help rescued arctic wolves who were injured, unwanted or abandoned! There's less than 1500 of them left, TOTAL, in the entire world.........and we're getting a PRIVATE TOUR! How cool is that?

wws.jpg

BF
    Last edited by bigfoot2; 04-17-2014 at 01:13.

Banned
    Hammock
    Nylon between two trees.
    Tarp
    Simply Light
    Insulation
    enLIGHTened Eqmt.
    Suspension
    Made Some Whoopie!

List Of Current Donating Raffle Vendors

Here is the current list (so far...) of donating raffle vendors for this years summer hang:

enLIGHTened Equipment
    UK Hammocks
    Wilderness Logics
    2QZQ
    Butt In A Sling (BIAS)
    Warbonnet Outdoors
    Hammock Forums Store
    Dutchware
    Jacks-R-Better

These guys are super awesome!
    This is just the tip of the iceberg with plenty more to come. Remember, it's still very early. Also, I have heard a rumor that we might have some vendors and "Hammock Celebrities" in attendance this year.....

If there are any vendors reading this and wanting to contribute to our charity by donating prizes for our raffle, please send me a PM or an e-mail at:
    [email protected]

Vendors are always welcome at our hangs, also! The more the merrier!

BF

PS-
    Anyone willing to teach a whoopie sling or alcohol stove tutorial for new/inexperienced members? Ideas? Fun stuff to do while at camp? Is there anyone out there who has walked the Camino and could do a backwoods presentation...?(renegadepilgrim)
    Last edited by bigfoot2; 04-24-2014 at 04:11.

Hammock
    Hennessy Hyperlite
    Tarp
    OES MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 20 UQ
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfoot2 View Post
    PS-
    Anyone willing to teach a whoopie sling or alcohol stove tutorial for new/inexperienced members? Ideas? Fun stuff to do while at camp? Is there anyone out there who has walked the Camino and could do a backwoods presentation...?(renegadepilgrim)
    Nice try bigfoot!!!! Anyone in the Portland area can hear me talk about the Camino at Next Adventure two times a year...once in spring and once in fall...and it's not a backwoods kind of presentation unless you've got a projector and a screen, nor do I recommend camping on the Camino...but that's a whole other conversation! I seriously have no idea if I can get the time off work for the hang this year and I am not sure I can afford the gas/raffle/etc either...I took a 20% paycut for the new job...

It will be on the calendar and I hope to know by mid-summer if I can make it. I really want to go...just got back from the Rogue River Trail and that area down in Southern Oregon is amazeballs.
    Blog: www.renegadepilgrim.com
    Tumblr/Instagram/Twitter: renegadepilgrim

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Clearing off schedule and locating funds.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast