Dutchware knotty mod
    Tarp
    Toxaway
    Insulation
    incubator
    Suspension
    Straps currently
    Images
    So I am coming and am 99% sure I am bringing two others. I will get my $$ in ASAP and have them get theirs in as well.

Looking forward to hanging out again and seeing everyone! deff missed the boat on shirts right rip?

So are most planning to meet at the gas station for wolfy things then hiking to the site after that?
    Last edited by dedominick; 08-07-2014 at 00:49. Reason: adding a question :)

Banned
    Hammock
    Nylon between two trees.
    Tarp
    Simply Light
    Insulation
    enLIGHTened Eqmt.
    Suspension
    Made Some Whoopie!
    Just a friendly reminder, since we are getting closer to the hang....

Re-post from beginning of this thread:

There will be a PRIVATE tour of the sanctuary, along with a presentation by the owner, Lois Tulleners, on Friday at 2pm PROMPT. If you are not there at 2pm, you will be left in the parking lot! We will meet at the old gas station, next to the fire station in Tidewater, Oregon, and be guided to the sanctuary by Lois or a volunteer. The location of the sanctuary is a closely guarded secret, as the sanctuary and wolves have received death threats in the past. Please read below for more info on the tour. I have been on the tour 4 times, and it really is a "life changing" experience, especially if you catch the pack when they start howling There is also a gift shop there, so extra cash might be needed. We will need to car pool and take as few cars as possible, so plan on locking your vehicle and leaving it at the fire station/gas station.
    One other note on dogs: they are NOT ALLOWED at the White Wolf Sanctuary! Period. If you plan on going on the tour of our charity on Friday, before the hang, please make other arrangements for them.

Sanctuary website:
    http://www.whitewolfsanctuary.com/index.php

BF

Hammock
    WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    WB Edge
    Insulation
    HG UQ, UGQ TQ
    Suspension
    Hybrid/varies
    I paypal-ed my t-shirt money.

Looking forward to the hang.
    "Every human being holds something holy. We can all have some respect for that." - Omar Marzouk

Banned
    Hammock
    Nylon between two trees.
    Tarp
    Simply Light
    Insulation
    enLIGHTened Eqmt.
    Suspension
    Made Some Whoopie!
    11 days to go

Just an FYI, I called about boarding my dog during the sanctuary tour, and Alsea River Boarding Kennels (541.528.7785), will watch pets for $15.00 each for the duration of the tour/per day. That's an amazing price.

BF

Hammock
    WB XLC
    Tarp
    WB SuperFly
    Insulation
    HG UQ/ UGQ TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    So folks that will be coming to the hang on Friday that have not paid for the trip to the wolf sanctuary and will not be going on the tour...
    Can the make a donation on site or is it necessary if they are just coming for Saturday?
    Just checking, I have about 4 more folks coming. They will be coming in on Saturday though.

Excited about the hang.. see ya there.
    Jerry
    "I too have kept the Vigil"
    “Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday.”
    ― John Wayne
    www.thescoutmasterminute.net
    http://www.youtube.com/user/scoutmasterjerry

Banned
    Hammock
    Nylon between two trees.
    Tarp
    Simply Light
    Insulation
    enLIGHTened Eqmt.
    Suspension
    Made Some Whoopie!
    Ummm....I really don't understand what you are asking. Can you elaborate for me? Thanks.

BF

Hammock
    WB RidgeRunner DL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Burrow; pads, Lynx
    Suspension
    Dutch's Cinch Bugs
    Some of us are just coming out of hibernation or something, and finally saw this excellent thread long after all the deadlines had passed... Jerry may be wondering about the cost for the likes of us; I'm guessing its still $30 for the raffle, but not sure if that includes a tour of the wolf sanctuary or not (if present by 2p Friday), since its so late.

Today I blew by Tidewater, where I saw a post office and what might once have been a gas station and general store (decades ago). I didn't notice much else, including signs for the Harris Ranch trail head for Drift Creek Wilderness.

Now, back home with the map that I should have brought with me, I see a Forest Service road (#3446) about three miles west of Tidewater (?) joining route 34 on the north (towards Waldport, at Risley Creek). This road, partly paved and partly not, leads to the Harris Ranch trail head. I'm guessing if we drive on that for a bit maybe there'll be a sign for the trail head. BF, can you set me straight on these directions?

People flying in to Oregon and renting a car for this hang may want to know that there is no working gas station in Tidewater; the nearest gas (Chevron and a funky looking Shell station) is in Waldport, about 10 miles away (food too).

Hammock
    WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    WB Edge
    Insulation
    HG UQ, UGQ TQ
    Suspension
    Hybrid/varies
    BTW, I'll be driving alone from the Eugene area in a 7-passenger minivan. If anyone wants a ride, let me know. That's a free ride for you as I'm happy to cover the gas myself.
    "Every human being holds something holy. We can all have some respect for that." - Omar Marzouk

Banned
    Hammock
    Nylon between two trees.
    Tarp
    Simply Light
    Insulation
    enLIGHTened Eqmt.
    Suspension
    Made Some Whoopie!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChacMool View Post
    Some of us are just coming out of hibernation or something, and finally saw this excellent thread long after all the deadlines had passed... Jerry may be wondering about the cost for the likes of us; I'm guessing its still $30 for the raffle, but not sure if that includes a tour of the wolf sanctuary or not (if present by 2p Friday), since its so late.

You can pay for the sanctuary tour on the day of, when we meet at the Tidewater fire station, though it is prefered to get your money in early to make sure of your spot in advance. As stated before, the $30.00 is a donation to the wolf sanctuary and includes a tour of the sanctuary and the raffle ticket. Raffle tickets will be sold (one per person) up until the raffle, with all money going to the sanctuary, whether you go on the tour or not.

Today I blew by Tidewater, where I saw a post office and what might once have been a gas station and general store (decades ago). I didn't notice much else, including signs for the Harris Ranch trail head for Drift Creek Wilderness.

Now, back home with the map that I should have brought with me, I see a Forest Service road (#3446) about three miles west of Tidewater (?) joining route 34 on the north (towards Waldport, at Risley Creek). This road, partly paved and partly not, leads to the Harris Ranch trail head. I'm guessing if we drive on that for a bit maybe there'll be a sign for the trail head. BF, can you set me straight on these directions?

The meeting place for the sanctuary tour is adjacent to the Tidewater fire station. We will meet there and must car pool in a sfew cars as possible to the sanctuary. The location of the sanctuary is not public knowledge and is a secret. As for the trailhead, it's just a little ways down the road, between Tidewater and Waldport.
    See my first post in this thread for driving directions/maps to the trail, of the trail.

People flying in to Oregon and renting a car for this hang may want to know that there is no working gas station in Tidewater; the nearest gas (Chevron and a funky looking Shell station) is in Waldport, about 10 miles away (food too).
    As stated above, it's MUCH easier for me if everyone gets the donations in early, if possible. Send to:

[email protected]

BF

Banned
    Hammock
    Nylon between two trees.
    Tarp
    Simply Light
    Insulation
    enLIGHTened Eqmt.
    Suspension
    Made Some Whoopie!
    10 days to go!!
    Everyone packed?

BTW, I am boarding my dog at the Alsea Kennels for the sanctuary tour and will have to go pick her up afterwards. Does anyone feel like hitting Waldport for some dinner after the tour and before the hike?

BF

• + New Posts
  • Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast