Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pilsburythrowboy12 View Post
    Stokes State Forest is an absolute must and there are a multitude sites that are ideally spaced for hammock guys. I can't recommend it enough and if you want a couple trip reports check out my two trip reports with a ton of photos.

First trip last fall:
    http://bushcraftusa.com/forum/showth...Branchville-NJ

Second trip last week:
    http://bushcraftusa.com/forum/showth...nd-Time-Around!

Tillman's Ravine is one of the most scenic trails in the state that's in the park which runs right along the creek. Buttermilk Falls is also another mighty fun feature and you can follow up the feeding creek into the deeper parts of the park if you're so inclined. The park is relatively close by the Delaware Water Gap too if you had the time to check out either. Either way, can't go wrong with either for sure. Heck I might be back up that way the first weekend of May myself if not with my 2 best bush crafting buddies if you want some company to help you find your way around the park.
    Love stokes. My fav. I go here in the winter every month. I camp rite on flatbrook. Great fishing too. I was just there two weekends in a row. Get busy in the spring and summer. Thanks

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRl...MK2HAUuKvTzHug

Hammock
    WL NightOwl
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    DIY SuisseSport
    Suspension
    straps and whoopie
    Hey guys,

Been car camping for quite some time now and am finally looking into some hiking and overnight hammock camping. Been trying to scour the forums about what's legal and where. So much info, it's hard to know what's right and what's not. I'm a Long Island buy, so I am generally looking in the same area as the OP.

Can I just hike the Stokes State Forest along one of it's trails, veer off a couple hundred feet and set up a random hammock camp for the night? Well, "can" is a broad word... I am looking to be legal and not have any park rangers bother me. I'm also looking at Rocky Point Pine Barrens State Forest on Long Island. Anyone have any solid info?

Hammock
    Eno Double
    Tarp
    Hennesy Hex
    Insulation
    Army Blanket UQ??
    Hey, northern nj native here. Absolutely love stokes. If I may make a suggestion, get a group site. Its 10 dollars more and Its insanely massive. No trees in the field of course, but all on the border. I'm heading home this weekend and will try and get some pictures of stokes. Also, group hang??

Hammock
    Eno Double
    Tarp
    Hennesy Hex
    Insulation
    Army Blanket UQ??
    Also, there is wallpack nj, right near stokes on the Delaware. Mostly state land.

Hammock
    WL NightOwl
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    DIY SuisseSport
    Suspension
    straps and whoopie
    Quote Originally Posted by 2uros-of-teeth View Post
    Hey, northern nj native here. Absolutely love stokes. If I may make a suggestion, get a group site. Its 10 dollars more and Its insanely massive. No trees in the field of course, but all on the border. I'm heading home this weekend and will try and get some pictures of stokes. Also, group hang??
    i actually just booked stokes... mrs and myslef staying on site 13. pretty stoked! haha no pun intended. group hang sounds like a possibility. never been on one but doesnt mean i wont.

Hammock
    WB XLC DL 1.7
    Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    Wooki/Mamba
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 2uros-of-teeth View Post
    ... get a group site. Its 10 dollars more and Its insanely massive. No trees in the field of course, but all on the border. ...
    The Haskins group sites at stokes are large open fields with thick brush all around. I hung there last weekend - on my stand.

Hammock
    Eno Double
    Tarp
    Hennesy Hex
    Insulation
    Army Blanket UQ??
    Yea, that sounds about right now that you mention it... I think the f site In the back was pricier clear for the most part.

Or e, or d..
    Last edited by 2uros-of-teeth; 05-09-2015 at 15:07.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12