Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 30
  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Oregon
    Hammock
    DIY camo 330D
    Tarp
    DIY Ogees
    Insulation
    Open Cell underpad
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Posts
    413
    Quote Originally Posted by Kpi890 View Post
    When you say without hardware do you mean using toggles on the tree straps with the knot I cannot think of right now marliners spike or something?

    yeah Marlin Spike Hitch with a toggle, or a trucker's hitch without toggle, depending on how you set it up. Most users I think uses the MSH with toggles on the tree strap loop and adjust from there?

  2. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    256
    Quote Originally Posted by CamoDeafie82 View Post
    yeah Marlin Spike Hitch with a toggle, or a trucker's hitch without toggle, depending on how you set it up. Most users I think uses the MSH with toggles on the tree strap loop and adjust from there?
    I think that's what I'm going to do. Thanks so much for the responses! Will running the whoopie slings directly through the hammock channels hurt it at all? I just have no experience with amsteel or burying and all that yet.

  3. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Oregon
    Hammock
    DIY camo 330D
    Tarp
    DIY Ogees
    Insulation
    Open Cell underpad
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Posts
    413
    I don't think so.......after all, what seems to be the most common method on here is in fact, whoopie slings through the channels, or larksheaded on the knotted/whipped ends of hammocks.....if you want to be safer, use 2-3mm line?

  4. #14
    Yeah whoopies, toggles and a marlin spike hitch are very simple, light and easy to adjust. If the end channels are double or triple stitched, you shouldn't have any issues running the whoopies through them. Alternatively you could whip the ends with shoelaces and larks head your whoopies as mentioned above.

    Free hammocks are always nice, even a BG one.

  5. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    256
    Quote Originally Posted by Trailrider74 View Post
    Yeah whoopies, toggles and a marlin spike hitch are very simple, light and easy to adjust. If the end channels are double or triple stitched, you shouldn't have any issues running the whoopies through them. Alternatively you could whip the ends with shoelaces and larks head your whoopies as mentioned above.

    Free hammocks are always nice, even a BG one.
    Yea I've been messing around with it and it's actually pretty nicely made. Just trying to figure out how to attach the bug net to the ridgeline now...

  6. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Oregon
    Hammock
    DIY camo 330D
    Tarp
    DIY Ogees
    Insulation
    Open Cell underpad
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Posts
    413
    Quote Originally Posted by Kpi890 View Post
    Yea I've been messing around with it and it's actually pretty nicely made. Just trying to figure out how to attach the bug net to the ridgeline now...
    someone on here did a mod in which they suspended a pair of tent poles, not sure what size, from the ridgeline using figure 8 lashing, and tied the ends of the poles to the loops of the bugnet.....

  7. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    256
    Quote Originally Posted by CamoDeafie82 View Post
    someone on here did a mod in which they suspended a pair of tent poles, not sure what size, from the ridgeline using figure 8 lashing, and tied the ends of the poles to the loops of the bugnet.....
    That would be ideal... Any clue where that post might be?

  8. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Oregon
    Hammock
    DIY camo 330D
    Tarp
    DIY Ogees
    Insulation
    Open Cell underpad
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Posts
    413
    Quote Originally Posted by Kpi890 View Post
    That would be ideal... Any clue where that post might be?
    https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...e-Mod-Thoughts

    based on a GT Skeeter Beeter hammock that has pretty much identical bugnet tab things

  9. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    256
    Quote Originally Posted by CamoDeafie82 View Post
    https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...e-Mod-Thoughts

    based on a GT Skeeter Beeter hammock that has pretty much identical bugnet tab things
    Just looked back and realized I never thanked you for this post! I have been looking at it and wondering how I can get the ridgeline to pass through the bug net so that I have access to it to hang a light or an organizer or something? A way on each end that passes through... My ridgeline will eventually be structural.

  10. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Anderson, SC
    Hammock
    Thunderbird
    Tarp
    Mamajamba
    Insulation
    KAQ, UGQ
    Posts
    234
    That hammock looks pretty similar to the youkon netted one I got off woot. To put in a srl I just put a small hole in the netting a little ways away from the seam then ran the ridge line he through that. Seems to work well. Just make sure the hole is as small as possible and far enough from the seam so it does not stress the hole and make it bigger.

Similar Threads

  1. WITHDRAWN: Mosquito Free Hammock Bliss Hammock
    By geomaniac in forum [SOLD/WITHDRAWN] Items no longer available
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-06-2014, 14:08
  2. Custom Alterations?
    By mbnow in forum Other Vendors and Services
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-14-2012, 14:56
  3. COMPLETED: bridge Hammock , free, free, free!
    By gnome in forum [SOLD/WITHDRAWN] Items no longer available
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 08-15-2010, 09:28
  4. Best Skeeter Beeter Pro Suspension Upgrades/Alterations??
    By jduck1 in forum Suspension Systems, Ridgelines, & Bug Nets
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-06-2010, 13:13
  5. Looking for alterations
    By Cuffs in forum Do-It-Yourself (DIY)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-16-2008, 14:34

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •