Hammock
    WBBB XLC 1.7D
    Tarp
    Superfly or DIY
    Insulation
    HG Incubator +MSS
    Suspension
    Straps or Whoopies
    Colors are tough to judge online. In order to be looking at a what most closely represents real life, the camera has to have the white balance set correctly and the computer screen used to view the image has to be color adjusted. The brown in your pic looks lighter than the brown argon of my HG UQ, but unless photography is your thing it's likely that the white balance on your camera wasn't perfect and I've never calibrated my computer monitor, so what I'm seeing on your pic and what it looks like in real life are probably two very different colors. That said, I'm pretty sure I chose both colors of my HG UQ what I ordered it. Not sure why that's not an option right now. Looks like HG is already taking care of it, not surprisingly. No company immune to issues, it's how they handle them that sets them apart. From what I've seen HG does a great job taking care of their customers.

Hammock
    HH Expedition Zip
    Tarp
    WLtdpl,diySnowFort
    Insulation
    HG Inc10,DIY TQ 0?
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    I think the pics on the HG website might be the black argon. The stuff is just so thin that it is translucent and comes off a little lighter than the black grosgrain and fittings. The inside of the Incubator I got last month is exactly the same brown as it the o.p.'s photo, just no rip-stop grid.

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Adam once shipped me a 20* UQ with Forest Green inside and outside - definitely not what I think I ordered. However, I'm just not fashion-conscious enough to complain and/or exchange. Forest Green it is!
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hammock
    hennessy exped asym
    Images
    I don't think I'd be too concerned about colour, especially the inside of the quilt, who even sees that? As long as I'm warm, I'm a happy camper
    Debi

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    UGQ CUSTOM HANGER
    Insulation
    UGQ Ambush
    Suspension
    DUTCH CB/CUSTOM
    I am spending about 1400.00 on my new setup, new hammock,TQ,UQ,Tarps ,etc ,etc, etc so I don't want it to look like a yard sale, I am pretty picky about my gear and how it all looks and matches, just one of my things I guess "no I am not O.C.D ".

There is really no where to specify an interior color on the web at the time of my ordering so technically it wasn't specified so no one did anything wrong, I just figured they came in the colors on the website for the interior. Someone else may have loved the interior color, unfortunately it wasn't me. That is the reason why I was originally just going to pass it along, eat a bit of the cost and get on with getting the right one for my needs.

I learned along time ago not to settle or I will be unhappy with it for the duration. Main thing is HG was more than happy to jump right on it and take care of it.

Hammock
    Martian Bridge (DIY)
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by nuttysquirrel View Post
    how did you get FG on the inside if it isn't an option on the hg website?
    I just checked the HG website and there is only an option to specify the outside shell colour which are currently Black, Brown, Green in Argon and there is an Epsilon Multicam option. No option that i saw to specify the inner shell colour on the Incubator underquilt. Oddly enough, if you order a Burrow top quilt, you can choose the fabric colours for the inner and outer shells.

I with Debi on this one, once the quilt is installed on your hammock, you won't be seeing the inside of it. However if you can't live with it, best to contact Adam and send it back.

Cheers

Brian
    Good judgment comes from experience, and often experience comes from bad judgment. - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by OregonRafter View Post
    Only had it for about an hour spent 45 minutes thinking about it and then decided no way I could use it that color it would bug me forever not matching my other stuff, Left a message for HG. More interested if anyone else had this green color sent to them as an interior or about the huge color difference from the web pictures on the brown color. Is the other brown pictured a different material if so I will get that. that brown and green color look of walmart sleeping bags to me and I can't deal with that

Thought maybe if someone was looking, maybe they want just that color combo I would just sell it and order another problem fixed. I know as soon as I touched it I felt heat coming off amazing stuff.
    I received my UQ about 2 weeks ago with the same forest green interior and wasn't thrilled with it either. Would have much preferred a black.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    WB Superfly/Edge
    Insulation
    Yeti/Burrow/Woobie
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    The basic issue here is the website pictures are a little behind their current argon offerings and the functionality of the site itself is lacking in a few departments. Recognizing this I called Adam and asked him what my options were regarding inner color. He was great to speak with and just told me to put my color of choice in the note section. I did so and got the colors I chose.

I prefer to communicate well with the cottage guys before making my purchases. Considering it is all custom gear made to order, I like to make sure we are all on the same page ahead of time to save potential headaches.

Are you gonna sleep in it, or just stand there in the woods and admire the color combos from afar? lol

Banned
    Hammock
    Sold
    Insulation
    Varies
    Suspension
    Depends
    OregonRafter, you gave me a major giggle today. It is kind of scary, you sound exactly like I do when something is not aesthetically pleasing to me. I like my gear to be functional and aesthetically pleasing to me. I have bought too many things that were not what I expected after careful research. Now if color or texture matter, I obtain a swatch. I have been carefully considering what two colors of the argon I am going to purchase, I am also wondering is the silnylon will match the ripstop. I do not want to buy the fabric and decide I do not like it or it is not quite the match I intended. Dutch is sending me swatches of his argon so I will know for sure what colors I am dealing with. I really dislike the green.

Always nice to meet someone with similar ideas. LOL Hopefully another member will see your distress and want the quilt. Have you listed it in the "For Sale" Forum?

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast