Hammock
    Grand Trunk-Ultralite
    Suspension
    Amsteel Whoopie

Hammock,Bed Replacement with Partner

So my girlfriend and I recently got rid of our old matress and she brought up the idea of replacing our beds with Hammocks. So I setup some strong anchor points and we tried it last night. I gave her my Yukon Outfitters Double and I took the Grand Trunk. I learned halfway through the night that this hammock is wayyy too small for me (6'1") to sleep in. So I'm gonna snag us two Brazilian style doubles. Question, gents or ladies that sleep with your S.O., do you sleep in the same hammock or two separate hammocks? Also any tips for sleeping every night in a hammock? I woke up with a stiff neck this morning.

Hammock
    Mayan / Freebird
    Tarp
    SLD Custom
    Insulation
    UGQ 30*F / 0*F
    Suspension
    Whoopie / fleaz
    There's a couple here who have figured out the art of sharing one hammock. maybe they'll pipe up here for you. Most don't though.

As for the stiff neck, try a slightly smaller angle on your diagonal. If there's more than one colour i.e. one colour lines the edges, then stay within the line. Some people like a small pillow too.

Hope that helps!

Hammock
    Brazilian
    No SO here, but I can't imagine being comfortable with 2 people in a hammock. Some claim they have done it, but still...... I sleep in a large Brazilian hammock every night and love it. Best sleep I have ever had. I recently spent 6 weeks sleeping in hospital beds, and I hope I never see one of those torture racks again. Couldn't get back to my hammock fast enough. As for the stiff neck, I'm a side sleeper and I need a pillow.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Standard
    Insulation
    Burrow
    Suspension
    Warbonnet Straps

Hammock,Bed Replacement with Partner

While in Mexico my wife and I slept most nights together in our king sized Mayan hammock. It's about 13 feet long, and stretches out to about ten feet wide without effort. The place we bought it says designed to hold two adults and four kids at once, or in our case, two Caucasians since we're both around the six foot mark and they average Mayan is around five or less.

We didn't use any insulation except a bed sheet on top because of the heat. We spent many nights of our two month stay like this. It took about a week of wiggling and restless nights to figure out comfortable positions but after that it was quite comfy. That said, I still prefer my own hammock but the wife likes to cuddle. We did try using a wool blanket as insulation on one cool night but moved to the bed as blanket didn't make for a comfortable lay for us together. We didn't have an uq with us and didn't try to improvise one but I'm sure it could be done.

Again though, better sleeps in our separate hammocks. At least for me.

Edit: corrected a spelling mistake.
    Last edited by Brady; 04-14-2014 at 23:05.
    Brady

Hammock
    One of my creations
    Tarp
    one of my DIYs
    Insulation
    DIY down or PL
    Suspension
    Something Ti
    I have no interest in trying two in a hammock. After almost 4 years I'm not sure that I've fully adjusted to the two of us in a queen size bed.

As far as the neck goes, I like a small pillow under my neck. I noticed that I could have used one on Saturday reading outside in the hammock for a couple hours.

Hammock
    ENO DoubleNest
    Images
    I have a huge Brazilian hammock and sleeping with a cat or two is more than I can take for very long. I don't like how the extra weight changes the fabric tension and messes up the hang and after awhile I kick them out. Adding another person to my hammock would be uncomfortable, I think. That's just me though.
    I use small travel pillows or just bunch up the edge of my blanket under my head. I put extra pillows in the hammock in case I want to bolster myself in any way for comfort, like under my knees.

Hammock
    DIY Tablecloth Double
    Tarp
    Hennessy Hex
    Insulation
    PLUQ, Wool, Down
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopies
    I have a few Tablecloth hammocks, made double layer from two of the largest blanks they sell. My wife and I regularly sleep quite comfortably in them. Diagonal, as always, and you have to be willing to sleep close. Shes been cuddling up on me every night for 20 years now, often sleeping almost on top of me, so we dont find it uncomfortable at all. Its actually MORE comfortable than our queen pillowtop bed. I usually have to move positions a couple times in a night in the bed, but once we get comfy in the hammock neither of us move all night.

• + New Posts