Dutch Half-wit Hexon 1.0
    Tarp
    Clark XL Tarp
    Insulation
    Wookie/UKH custom
    Suspension
    Dutch kit

New Z-Liners

I haven't seen a thread regarding this on this forum, so I'm starting one. Apologizes if one exists already.

There seem to be some new z-liner available from Clark's. Since I'm a NX-250 owner, I noticed a difference that the old Z-liner for the 250, is now renamed to "Z-Liner 250 S". This is described to fit all NX-250 hammocks purchased prior to April 2014.

Then there's the "Z-Liner 250" which is now basically an under quilt made to fit the, apparently new (?) NX-250 from March 2014.

I went looking on the NX-250 hammock product specification site and couldn't find any information about it having received an update. It still features the six pockets from what I can tell. I honestly can't figure out why the "Z-Liner 250 S" wouldn't be able to fit the "new" NX-250 or why the "Z-Liner 250" (the UQ) wouldn't be able to fit the "old" NX-250.

Apart from this, I found that they now feature UQ's for the vertex and Flex-180 as well as a Z-liner 160 to fit their North American model newer than October 2012. These are probably old news but I just never noticed them before.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner DL
    Tarp
    DD 3x3
    Insulation
    Klymit Pad/EE TQ
    Suspension
    web and buckles
    As near as I can figure out, the old Zliner (6 pads) will fit any 250. It seems that the newer NX250's have velcro sewn along the entire length of the hammock like the TX models do. So the full-length Zlliner that fits the TX like a glove (no gaps, no shifting) will also fit the new NX models. I'm not sure if any changes have been made to the 150's.
    The Clark website, even though recently updated, certainly is lacking in providing good information about its products. I have had good response from Clark in answering email inquiries.
    "...With saddle and pack, by paddle and track, let's go to the land of beyond."

Hammock
    Dutch Half-wit Hexon 1.0
    Tarp
    Clark XL Tarp
    Insulation
    Wookie/UKH custom
    Suspension
    Dutch kit
    It seems like you're right, that the update to the NX-250 is a strip of velcro running the full length of the hammock on either side to fit the z-liner to. I just wonder why they claim you can't use the old Z-liner... Suppose they removed the strip of velcro going underneath the hammock after the last two pockets nearest the foot end section.

I wonder how hard it would be to retrofit the needed velcro to be able to use the new z-liner on an older model NX-250...

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner DL
    Tarp
    DD 3x3
    Insulation
    Klymit Pad/EE TQ
    Suspension
    web and buckles
    You may be right in thinking that they have eliminated the cross-ways velcro for the foot piece.
    I think it would be very easy for someone with sewing skills to add velcro to an older NX250. On the TX the velcro is right at the top edge of the hammock right below the zipper. If I recall, there is room above the pockets on the NX for velcro to be added.
    On a side note - if you are in the market - "someone" has a full length Zliner in the 'For Sale' forum.

Hammock
    TX-150, Roo, HB SBBF
    Tarp
    Vertex, ShangriLa
    Insulation
    Z-liner, WL SS UQ
    Suspension
    Straps, D. buckle
    That is where the velcro is on my TX-150, right below the zippers.
    Discretion is the better of valor

Hammock
    Dutch Half-wit Hexon 1.0
    Tarp
    Clark XL Tarp
    Insulation
    Wookie/UKH custom
    Suspension
    Dutch kit
    I'm going to have to unpack my, apparently old, NX-250 to see if there is room for the velcro strip. I'm a bit worried there might not be.

I do like to concept of being able to add extra layers of insulations if I wanted to try to take my hammocking to the limit.
    Old style Z-liner in pockets and the footend piece + new style z-liner + regular UQ. Should create a massively warm shelter

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner DL
    Tarp
    DD 3x3
    Insulation
    Klymit Pad/EE TQ
    Suspension
    web and buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by Latt View Post
    I'm going to have to unpack my, apparently old, NX-250 to see if there is room for the velcro strip. I'm a bit worried there might not be.

I do like to concept of being able to add extra layers of insulations if I wanted to try to take my hammocking to the limit.
    Old style Z-liner in pockets and the footend piece + new style z-liner + regular UQ. Should create a massively warm shelter
    A couple of things. If you use the 'old style' foot piece you will need to add velcro to the outer side of it to attach the 'new style' over it. Also, if you 'double up', with the new style over the old style, you will have no problems with having enough room for both. I have used a PLUQ under my 'new style' and it works perfectly.

Hammock
    Dutch Half-wit Hexon 1.0
    Tarp
    Clark XL Tarp
    Insulation
    Wookie/UKH custom
    Suspension
    Dutch kit
    Good point regarding adding velcro to be able to use the old food piece and the new z-liner

I'm currently using the snugpak underblanket as my sole mean of external insulation and then the pockets with gear as usual with the NX hammock, so I too believe it'll be very possible to stack the insulation, but it's good to hear you've tried it out

anyone care to make a video of this? I got my NX-250 but haven't played with it yet, not even sure which one I have right now.
    Is it possible to make your own Z-Liner? seems like all one need is some velcro, scissors, measuring tape, sewing machine, and some silnylon? Forgot the stuffing, what does Clark use for the Z-Liner stuffing?
    total noob, just trying to save some money

Hammock
    Dutch Half-wit Hexon 1.0
    Tarp
    Clark XL Tarp
    Insulation
    Wookie/UKH custom
    Suspension
    Dutch kit
    They state on their site that they're using climashield material. No idea if it's APEX or one of the other variants of climashield.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast