Hammock
    Dutch Half-wit Hexon 1.0
    Tarp
    Clark XL Tarp
    Insulation
    Wookie/UKH custom
    Suspension
    Dutch kit
    I unpacked my Old style NX-250 to see if it would be possible to retrofit the velcro needed above the pockets to fit the new style Z-liner. It seems to be do-able. The only slight problem I see, is that the foot end piece of velcro on my model, is aligned with the top of the pockets. So if you add the needed velcro you'll either have to add it full length of the entire hammock, leaving double velcro side by side at the foot end, or live with the fact that you'll have a small "step" in the velcro from the foot end part to the pocket part of the hammock.

It's a bit hard to explain with words, so hopefully this video will make a bit more sense of it

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner DL
    Tarp
    DD 3x3
    Insulation
    Klymit Pad/EE TQ
    Suspension
    web and buckles
    I was told by Clark that they are currently in the development stage of using Apex. They expect they are a year away from actual production.
    Quote Originally Posted by Latt View Post
    They state on their site that they're using climashield material. No idea if it's APEX or one of the other variants of climashield.
    "...With saddle and pack, by paddle and track, let's go to the land of beyond."

Hammock
    Clark NX250
    Tarp
    Clark Vertex
    Insulation
    JRB Greylock 4
    Suspension
    Stock Clark
    All.

I, too, have the old design nx250 with no velcro on the pocket end. Just for curiosity's sake I called Clark's customer service line. The gent I spoke to said they would be willing to add the needed velcro if I purchased the new one piece Z-liner. He said I coud send it in and they would have a turnaround time of 2 to 3 days after receiving the hammock. Not too shabby of a deal if you don't want to do it yourself.

Hammock
    Clark NX250
    Tarp
    Clark Vertex
    Insulation
    JRB Greylock 4
    Suspension
    Stock Clark
    Quote Originally Posted by RADIOHEAD View Post
    All.

I, too, have the old design nx250 with no velcro on the pocket end. Just for curiosity's sake I called Clark's customer service line. The gent I spoke to said they would be willing to add the needed velcro if I purchased the new one piece Z-liner. He said I coud send it in and they would have a turnaround time of 2 to 3 days after receiving the hammock. Not too shabby of a deal if you don't want to do it yourself.

Just foy FYI I forgot to mention. . . The rep at Clark said there was NO CHARGE for having them do the velcro mod so long as you purchased the new Z-liner from them!

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner DL
    Tarp
    DD 3x3
    Insulation
    Klymit Pad/EE TQ
    Suspension
    web and buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by RADIOHEAD View Post
    Just foy FYI I forgot to mention. . . The rep at Clark said there was NO CHARGE for having them do the velcro mod so long as you purchased the new Z-liner from them!
    Man...I wish I had thought to ask Clark. I sold an NX to get a TX just so I could use the full length UQ. Either way, the full length UQ is a good piece of gear.

Hammock
    Clark NX250
    Tarp
    Clark Vertex
    Insulation
    JRB Greylock 4
    Suspension
    Stock Clark
    My cold weather rig is a Jacksrbetter Greylock 4 and the foot piece of the old design Zliner. How cold has anyone had the full 1 piece model down to? How did it perform?

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner DL
    Tarp
    DD 3x3
    Insulation
    Klymit Pad/EE TQ
    Suspension
    web and buckles
    I wish I could tell you that the 1-piece was as warm as Clark claims but I think about 30 degrees is as low as I could be comfortable with it. But as far as fit and secure attachment I doubt if there is anything better for the Clark. When hiking I leave it attached - it still stuffs into the hammock pocket (but not the small 'envelope') - and when ready to hang it is in place and ready to go.
    I copied the Zliner to make a custom fit PLUQ and when used together I slept at 0 degrees F comfortably.

Hammock
    Clark NX250
    Tarp
    Clark Vertex
    Insulation
    JRB Greylock 4
    Suspension
    Stock Clark
    Quote Originally Posted by Passinthru View Post
    I wish I could tell you that the 1-piece was as warm as Clark claims but I think about 30 degrees is as low as I could be comfortable with it. But as far as fit and secure attachment I doubt if there is anything better for the Clark. When hiking I leave it attached - it still stuffs into the hammock pocket (but not the small 'envelope') - and when ready to hang it is in place and ready to go.
    I copied the Zliner to make a custom fit PLUQ and when used together I slept at 0 degrees F comfortably.
    Actually down to at least 30 is what I am looking for. I have my rig dialed in to take me down to about 10 above and thats a bit much for late spring/early fall in Missouri. Plus it could be used in combination with my UQ to take me down lower than 10 if need be. 179 bucks is a bit of a bite but sounds like it will be worth the price.

Hammock
    NX250, LiteOwl
    Tarp
    Vertex
    Insulation
    Zliner, AHE KAQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Cinch Buckle
    Quote Originally Posted by Passinthru View Post
    Does this mean I need to start working on my bribery skills?????? Trust all is well.
    "I ain't no physciscisk, but I knows what matters"
    Popeye

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner DL
    Tarp
    DD 3x3
    Insulation
    Klymit Pad/EE TQ
    Suspension
    web and buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by P-47ChowHound View Post
    Does this mean I need to start working on my bribery skills?????? Trust all is well.
    My skills at flattery are even less successful than yours. This latest PLUQ was done completely without the missus help - and it shows. It is, however, a good likeness of the Clark model (appearance, not quality) and fits like it was made for it.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast