SLD Streamliner in 1.9 Multicam
    Tarp
    Camo SF
    Insulation
    JRB MW4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    +1 on that Ironfish.
    Seems that things are looking rather unpromising for me at the end of May too. I can't get weekends off, and the only days off I do get are split up during the week. June should be a different story, but as for right now, Wednesdays and Thursdays look like my only option. Guess I will be hanging solo for a while. I hope I can Fandangle my way to a weekend off, it would be great to get out and meet some of you guys and see your rigs.
    On another note, has anyone decided on a location? Are we looking for a free weekend, or maybe somewhere like a campground. It might be easier with the latter, and more people may be inclined to come knowing there are amenities close by. Just some food for thought, either way is fine with me.
    Last edited by snidetripod; 05-02-2014 at 21:01.
    Check out my youtube channel. Vids about hammock camping, geocaching and outdoor fun.
    Adventures With Snide Tripod

Hammock
    Tarp
    Camo SF
    Insulation
    JRB MW4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    As for some ideas on places, Miquelon is nice (although I have not hung there) and there are group sites. There are scads of provincial campgrounds west of Edmonton along 16 that could be great, Nojack comes to mind. If you guys want to be way out away from everyone, there are tons of crown lands along the forestry trunk road south of Hinton, but its a good three hour drive. There is a place that I would love to check out east of Edmonton. Its called the Ministik Bird Sanctuary, and I think it would be great for a stealth group hang ( there are no camping signs). Also, Centennial Park at Joseph Lake is a great little campground, I did a quick overnight there last year and I think I wrote a trip report up in that section of the forums. There are a few good hang spots there and I believe it was a very affordable rate. Just bring your own firewood.

*EDIT*
    Nojack provincial recreation area is 1 hr and 40 min ( google maps estimate) from my door, I live in south Edmonton. It is 15 $ per night and there are 23 sites. The website says that there is drinkable water there, but also advises to bring your own. There are no showers, but ( a big plus ) firewood is provided. Every time I drive by this place on the way to Jasper it looks vacant. From the road you can see lodgepole pine and black spruce which would be great to hang from. I think this week coming up I may take a spin out there to see what's up and if it is a viable option for us hangers.
    Last edited by snidetripod; 05-02-2014 at 21:43.
    Check out my youtube channel. Vids about hammock camping, geocaching and outdoor fun.

Hammock
    Grand trunk
    Tarp
    DIY tarp
    Insulation
    Thermarest
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Great response sorry I haven't been able to check back for a while. The end of may is bad for myself, but something in June should work. I have a lot of maps from natural resources which map all of the logging roads. Snide tripod send me a pm with phone number. I think that would be fun to do some inner city stealth hanging. Richard

Hammock
    Grand trunk
    Tarp
    DIY tarp
    Insulation
    Thermarest
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Would be fun to start a hammock club. We could meet for coffee and discuss some outings and different places people have been. Anyone interested?

Hammock
    Switchback, DD frontline, or speer
    Tarp
    tttghex DD 3 x 3
    Insulation
    DIY UQ, DD, bags
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling, web
    Images
    I think it would be great to get together to drink coffee and plan! a club is sure possible. count me in. Miquelon has some great trees in the individual campsites located in the C loop, somewhere around 199 to 204. I know I am looking to make a turtledog stand, so that could also be an option.
    Wherever you are.....there you are

Quote Originally Posted by Hadfield View Post
    Would be fun to start a hammock club. We could meet for coffee and discuss some outings and different places people have been. Anyone interested?
    Sure thing - I'd be interested in giving that a try.

Hammock
    Tarp
    Camo SF
    Insulation
    JRB MW4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by Hadfield View Post
    Count me in too and pm on the way.

As for Miquelon, it is a great campground since they renovated a few years back, although I remember being able to swim in the lake when I was a child.
    If the sites in c loop are treed to suit hammocks, then I see no reason why we couldn't go there. Its close to the city and from what I remember the rates are reasonable. There is also Elk Island National Park, although park rates will apply. I still think that Nojack would be great. It is never full, and there is free firewood.
    I guess we will discuss all this at our meeting. See y'all there.

P.S. I will be going for a solo hang on Tuesday night, so I will not be available to meet that night.

Hammock
    Tarp
    Camo SF
    Insulation
    JRB MW4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    What is everyone doing tomorrow evening, Monday, May 5?

Hammock
    Tarp
    tttghex DD 3 x 3
    Insulation
    DIY UQ, DD, bags
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling, web
    Images
    I have a gun club meeting. Available after 9 pm, or before 7. Otherwise the rest of the week is free!

Hammock
    Tarp
    tttghex DD 3 x 3
    Insulation
    DIY UQ, DD, bags
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling, web
    Images
    any other date suggestions for meeting? I am available any time