Hammock
    WBXLC
    Tarp
    Mamajamba
    Insulation
    Yeti 3-Season UQ
    Suspension
    AWS

Mamba 3-Season XL Top Quilt - Thoughts? Opinions? Alternatives?

Hey Everyone,

I've been looking pretty seriously at getting the Mamba 3-Season XL Top Quilt - but the problem is, I've never really considered any other option. From what I can see, it seems like the Mamba would be a good product, (I currently use the WBBB & 3 Season Yeti), but I don't even know what a comparable (or better) option would be.

Are there any other serious contenders I should consider before I purchase the Mamba?
    "I never came upon any of my discoveries through the process of rational thinking." - Albert Einstein

Hammock
    DH, WBBB, JBD
    Tarp
    UGQ
    Insulation
    UGQ
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    Underground Quilts and Gear...located just a couple hours SE of you. Great customer service and products!

Hammock
    WBXLC
    Tarp
    Mamajamba
    Insulation
    Yeti 3-Season UQ
    Suspension
    AWS
    Thanks Paulie, I'll check them out!
    "I never came upon any of my discoveries through the process of rational thinking." - Albert Einstein

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    WB Superfly/Edge
    Insulation
    Yeti/Burrow/Woobie
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    The Hammock Gear burrow is really popular. I have a 20 degree one and man is it warm and light. Really well made. With that said I have a few WB products and have no doubt Brandon would make a good top quilt.

Sorry for the thread jack, but I ordered a yeti recently, and am curious what your thoughts on it are?

Hammock
    WBXLC
    Tarp
    Mamajamba
    Insulation
    Yeti 3-Season UQ
    Suspension
    AWS
    Awesome - the Burrow looks like a strong contender. Thanks for the suggestion!

Hammock
    Switchback/Speer/T-Bird/WBBB/Lt Owl
    Tarp
    SF/CF/Cldburst/Oge
    Insulation
    Incub/Buro/Snugfit
    Suspension
    Cinch Straps
    I have a 20* and 0* Burrow and love them both. UGQ makes an awesome quilt too.
    "No whining in the woods"

Hammock
    WBXLC
    Tarp
    Mamajamba
    Insulation
    Yeti 3-Season UQ
    Suspension
    AWS
    Thanks for the suggestion on UGQ Cali - I hadn't heard of those before either. Looking into them now (and they look pretty nice)!

Hammock
    WB XLC
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Wookie/Sub'Kilo
    Suspension
    Webbing
    Funny how it works, eh?

If you'd just gone ahead and bought the WB quilt it would be arriving any day now, and you'd surely end up with a great product.

But no-o-o-o! You had to go and ask for advice, and now you have four or five options to choose from, and will prolly come up with four or five more before you're through researching (don't forget Xpacks!!!).

In a month or so you'll finally pull the trigger, and whatever you decide on will be awesome... until that nagging thought creeps back into your mind: what if I'd bought...

Why not just buy one of each? The you can sell whichever you don't like right here... or just add them all to the pile!

I just went htrough the same thign with a hammock, and don't envy you at all, thogh I woud like a nice new quilt!
    Add life to your years!

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 XLC
    Tarp
    AHE TOXAWAY
    Insulation
    HG INCU/ EE REV X
    I second Paul and misty over at ugq great service also though check out Tim over at enlightened equipment his stuff I have found to be way warmer than the temp rating and also great customer service.

Hammock
    WBXLC
    Tarp
    Mamajamba
    Insulation
    Yeti 3-Season UQ
    Suspension
    AWS
    Quote Originally Posted by Scubahhh View Post
    Funny how it works, eh?

If you'd just gone ahead and bought the WB quilt it would be arriving any day now, and you'd surely end up with a great product.

But no-o-o-o! You had to go and ask for advice, and now you have four or five options to choose from, and will prolly come up with four or five more before you're through researching (don't forget Xpacks!!!).

In a month or so you'll finally pull the trigger, and whatever you decide on will be awesome... until that nagging thought creeps back into your mind: what if I'd bought...

Why not just buy one of each? The you can sell whichever you don't like right here... or just add them all to the pile!

I just went htrough the same thign with a hammock, and don't envy you at all, thogh I woud like a nice new quilt!
    Ain't THAT the truth. I can tell you've been through this process a time or two before!

• + New Posts