Iím sure this is probably subjective, but Iím hoping to get some advice so my first hammock experience (next weekend) will be a good one.
First, the environment:
- Typical state park campground, north Georgia (most of my future camping will be in Georgia as well).
- Temps are expected to be mid-70s during the day, mid 50s at night.
- Forecast is for some showers, but hopefully nothing torrential (Iíll have a backup tent in case of a deluge Ė Iím not ready to go hardcore without a bit more experience).
The hammock gear I have:
- ENO doublenest
- Atlas straps
- Generic 8í x 10í tarp (for fly)
(conspicuous missing items are bug net and additional insulation)
So, I looked at my tent camping gear and was thinking I could repurpose some of it:
- Thermarest Z-lite Sol sleeping pad
- Generic Blue Closed cell sleeping pad
- Generic mummy bag (rating to 5F)
- Camp pillow, stocking cap, other standard camp stuff.
Finally, about me:
- 5í 10Ē and 190 lbs.
- Frequent camper with backpacking experience
- I tend to be a warm sleeper (my mummy bag is generally too hot)
Now to my questions: my budget is pretty limited at this point (spouse is cracking down on the spending). If I can only spend another $50-$60 or so, where would I get the best bang for the buck? Iím no handyman, but I donít have any problem with moderate DIY projects if those are good options.
Thanks in advance for any and all advice.