Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by whitefoot_hp View Post
    also i think there would be a lot of accidental unzipping as someone tossed and turned.
    I would be more concerned with stressing a zipper and getting stuck inside it. The velcro, while noisy, is the best solution for the closure of a Pod.

~ I absolutely love using my PeaPod in cold weather.
    “I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

Hammock
    DIY speer type
    Tarp
    OES Maccat
    Insulation
    JRB Nest+ORM
    Suspension
    Webbing + Slings
    Images
    out of curiosity, what about the diagonal lay in a pea pod?

TH
    my hammock gear weights total: 2430g (~86oz)
    Winter: total 2521 (~89oz)
    (see my profile for detailed weights)

gram counter, not gram weenie!

Hammock
    DIY Hammock
    Tarp
    11.5 by 10 DRW
    Insulation
    diy conversion uq
    Suspension
    webing+ cord
    Images
    I was wondering about that too. maybe if i could get my hands on some money then some material i could get accurate measures of my preferred lie and them make a pea pod that is sort of hour glass shaped or maybe hh shaped to allow for the diagonal lie. I believe that as is you can have a slight diagonal but nothing drastic.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by titanium_hiker View Post
    out of curiosity, what about the diagonal lay in a pea pod?
    It works quite well in most of the net-less gathered end hammocks (HAABs, Speer, Traveler, etc). The pod is roomy enough to allow some movement and repositioning.

Admittedly, though, the warmest mode is to lay right down the middle so that the top of the pod can drape over the top of you. I don't find that uncomfortable at all, though, especially if I put either a stuff sack or pillow under my knees. I've spent many warm and comfy nights in either an ENO or a WB Traveler surrounded by a PeaPod.
    “I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

Hammock
    DIY Hammock
    Tarp
    11.5 by 10 DRW
    Insulation
    diy conversion uq
    Suspension
    webing+ cord
    Images
    do you know how wide the hammocks that it works well with are because im using a diy thats 60" wide and I feel like the pea pod would take away some of the movability that all that fabric gives me.

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapplenewton View Post
    do you know how wide the hammocks that it works well with are because im using a diy thats 60" wide and I feel like the pea pod would take away some of the movability that all that fabric gives me.
    I've used it with different width hammocks. The narrower the hammock, the more tendency there is for the pod to lay flat on top of you, and the warmer it is.

Hammock
    DIY Hammock
    Tarp
    11.5 by 10 DRW
    Insulation
    diy conversion uq
    Suspension
    webing+ cord
    Images
    righ now im useing my sleeping bag whos zipper donsn't go all the way to the bottom as a pea pod wannabe and i put the extra section of the bag on top and put my feet in it.

Hammock
    Custom dragon
    Tarp
    Custom made cuben
    Insulation
    custom peapod
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    The peapod is not a perfect rectangle it is wider in the middle a narrows a little at each end. The only way to really reproduce what ED has created would be to talk to him. I do wonder if he would be willing to share how the pod is made?

I have been working on one for awhile now that is for two people in a hammock so it has to be wider. But i have decided on zippers not velcro. Velcro sticks to all my synthetic clothing and wool clothing. But i was not using a zipper down the full length just the middle out about 2 foot in each direction. using three or four zipper sliders allows you to vent anywhere you want. Never had a good zipper fail on me in 8 years of being outdoors.... Also with multiple zipper pulls they wont all fail at once. Thats like being afraid of tying your shoes in case the knot gets stuck and cant be undone

Also I dont know if Ed has been using the new differentail baffles and curvature cut baffles and such on the peapods since they have been around for awhile. I am attempting to. Also a stretchy suspension on the ends will be better then the stock way it normally uses it helps with the moving around inside it. If you were really feeling saucy you could try to use elastic on the inner shell to "hug" the pod down on you which would eliminate the air gaps when you move and any other time which is the only disadvantage of the pod. Might even allow you to not need a top blanket.

Your hammock does not have to be narrow you can use a wide hammock like what you have now you just have to hang it with more sag than normal. I am pretty sure billybob has a review of a normal peapod on here that would help you alot.

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tomsawyer222 View Post
    Your hammock does not have to be narrow you can use a wide hammock like what you have now you just have to hang it with more sag than normal. I am pretty sure billybob has a review of a normal peapod on here that would help you alot.
    The review is here.

Quote Originally Posted by tomsawyer222 View Post
    Your hammock does not have to be narrow you can use a wide hammock like what you have now you just have to hang it with more sag than normal.
    I've experimented with that quite a bit myself. Even with a lot of sag, the pod doesn't lay flat on you if you are laying on a diagonal angle in a wider hammock. Don't get me wrong - it's very usable with the wider hammocks, it just doesn't seem to be as warm.

Hammock
    Custom dragon
    Tarp
    Custom made cuben
    Insulation
    custom peapod
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    I guess sparrow it depends on how you hammock is whipped with certain whipping you dont get all the edge tension as with others. Your really get high walls when using the ENO style channel ends.

I do wonder if someone has tried using a bloated rectangle shape for the hammock bed instead of a plain rectangle it would give more center room with out the higher walls?

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast