howdy from cornville

Beo-wulf here, I do a little bushcrafting, and I cut up cow hides and then sew em back together again. I have not done well with hammocks in the past, but I want to try again.

I actually posted this somewhere else a while back......

Torture device found in State Park

Actually, two torture devices were found this last weekend in a State Park in Indiana. The devices seemed to be set up for a slow, painful and humiliating death. They were out in the woods and the devices were attached to trees, presumably, so the victims could not escape and run for help and freedom.

Ropes were involved and most of the apparatus seemed to be in a horizontal fashion parallel to the ground. It seems the victims were put inside and then constrained and un-able to move. Special care seems to have been taken by the would be torturers, while the victims could not get away..nothing from outside could get to the inside, not even bugs or critters from the forest, these poor victims just had to lie there all by themselves and wait for death. The devices, like ancient torture baskets of old, would not allow the victim to stand up, nor to lay down (at least not any normal kind of laying down) It might not have been so bad, had these poor souls been allowed to keep only a minimal amount of gear to ease their pain, but no, these death traps afforded only enough room for the person and no room for the little things that just make life more comfortable.

I new there was no need to report this tragedy to the park authorities, because it is all just a big conspiracy anyway. For what seemed a wicked and evil source of humiliation, discomfort and pain to me ...other folks just call a hammock!

• + New Posts