Hammock
    DIY Ripstop nylon
    Tarp
    DIY sil argon
    Insulation
    DIY syn UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    There is a loop that goes around by Cone peak at the southern end of Big Sur. I did that during my time in SLO. Super cool area, it had mountains, crystal clear streams, cliff views of the ocean, and massive trees in deep forests. By far my favorite place in California. (Big bear was pretty cool too, but that was more mountain biking.) I did the vincente flat trail, to the stone ridge trail, to the Gamboa trail, to the cone peak trail in order to complete a loop. There is a nice spur so you can summit cone peak right at the end. It can be easily done in two days. Of note, I did get turned around on the trail at one point as it was difficult to tell what was actual trail and what was game trail. Unlike the SHT and NCT California does not always mark their trails the best, maybe on the PCT. This is not a heavily used trail until you get to cone peak.

I'm newly in Santa Cruz from Ben Lomond. I love the Ben Lomond area for hanging. I've bicycled to Big Sur and hung there. Special rate at Peifer if you walk or cycle in. Big fan of the Marin Headlands national park. No fee! Just let them know you're coming. Bicentennial is my favorite of their campsights. It's down a dirt trailhead from above the Nike base. (only Nike base preserved as an historical relic of the over 200 operational into the 70s) There is a post somewhere here with a pic of a hennessy ultralight backpacker hanging in a single tree at the bicentennial campground (Way off the ground) Love to get a hang together!

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB!
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    JRB HR (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by whoismiketruong View Post
    The Esalen Hot Springs trail is my favorite spot!! You really can't go wrong with any trails...but the hot springs trail is pretty fun!!
    Going to guess you mean Sykes, since Esalen is a conference center with groomed hot spring tubs on the coast - and private.

Hammock
    Freebird
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/ WB MJ
    Insulation
    UGQ, Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Strap/Rings/Dutch
    I am headed down to that neck of the woods for work tomorrow. Going to stop by the Boggs Mountain Group Hang for a R.O.N (remain over night) and planning to do some hiking, when I am not at sea.

I'll be stationed out of Oxnard for the next 38+ days and have been researching Los Padres NF for trails.

I'll monitor this thread...
    Fair Winds & Following Seas.

Hammock
    BBWB
    Tarp
    reflective cuben
    Insulation
    wb bag and sc uq
    Suspension
    testing w slings
    Lookin to network with socal people who are up for some trips during the next few weeks. PM me pls! : )

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12