Eno DL, Deep Jungle XL, Kammock Roo
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UGQ quilts!!!
    Suspension
    Whoopies and web

Lightbulb REV's Hammocking PSA!!!

Hey all, its that time of year again. The weather is getting nicer and a lot of HammockForums members will be unpacking their gear to hang!

This time of year, its a good idea to go thru all your gear to inspect suspensions for wear, hammock bodies for holes or runs and get anything needed fixed or replaced. While you're at it, why not give that ole stinkin hammock of yours a rinse in the tub (you'll be surprised what you see left behind...) and if you use any bug treatments, give it a good dousing!

We all should constantly be mindful of the condition of our gear, and the best practice I use is to eyeball and run my hands over all my suspension when setting up as well as taking down (very important to make sure theres no bugs/splinters going into the pack to wreak more havock later). Not everyone is a fulltimer or year round hanger, and a little lookin now can save you (at least) the embarrassment of busting your backside when you hit the ground, not to mention any physical damages. If NOTHING else, you know before you leave for a trip that your gear will hold up. Nothing worse than getting to camp and having something easily fixed leave you GROUNDED!!!

While you're at it, check your other camp gear: knives for rust/edge, stoves for proper function and any comfort gear (chairs? those things do wear out and even dry rot)

And remember, Look Up Before You Hook Up™ . Check your site selection for any signs of rot or dangling limbs. If it looks "ok", dont chance it. Those 2 trees aren't worth the pain, or worse, that a falling branch can do to a person.

I want to see everyone here having a good time out there, and by doing just a few simple things before you head out you'll save yourself a lot of headache later on down the road. Not to mention if you need to replace anything you are afforded the opportunity to brush up on your DIY skills or support a cottage vendor!

Happy hanging from REV and the Palmetto State Hangers!!!
    Give a man fire and he's warm for the night.
    Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life. Dante

Hammock
    DIY, Dutch Argon
    Tarp
    Squidbilly/Tadpole
    Insulation
    20 Incubator,WL SS
    Suspension
    whoopies, MSH
    Thanks for the reminders.
    Keep movin', keep believing and enjoy the journey!

Hammock
    Exped combi or K-mart special
    Tarp
    stock Exped
    Insulation
    puffer jackets
    Suspension
    python straps
    Rev,
    Thanks for the public service announcement. Once when I was using a new hammock I wished I would have inspected it halfway through the night. All the rocking side to side I did earlier in he evening allowed the rough edge on the S-hook that it came with to saw through my suspension rope. Found myself unexpectedly on the ground.

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR, Dream Hammock TB
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Good ole Dutch
    Well said Rev, safety first.

• + New Posts