WBBB
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    UGQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Cinch Buckle

WBBB Zipping Difficulty

It seems trivial, so I didn't think to ask until now. Once I climb into my WBBB, I find it difficult to zip the sock and hammock. The foot end zippers are too far away to easily sit up and reach and the tension on the sock and hammock make them difficult to zip.

Am I doing it wrong?

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    WBSF
    Insulation
    Yeti UQ, HG TQ
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    I used a piece of cordage to add a lanyard to my zipper and that has helped me tremendously. I also sometimes have to roll away from the zipper, or shift my body to free up the tension. I'm not sure that we are doing anything wrong but I would like to hear from others. Obviously you shouldn't have to force the zipper, when and if, because it does not happen every time, I don't force it. Re-adjust and close the zipper.
    "We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker.
    It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions." - Ronald Reagan

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1
    Tarp
    Dutchware 9.5" DCF
    Insulation
    Wookie 20 or 0
    Suspension
    Straps :)
    Can't comment about the sock, but if there is too much tension on the hammock for easy zipping it seems to me your hang angle is too shallow.

Even when the zipping itself is easy some planning ahead is helpful; climb in sitting, make the easy reach for the zips (or at least the footward zip) and start it. I do a little feet-tuck-in-swivel-while-zipping thing to bring the footward zipper toward head and end up with the zipper pulls meeting about 25% down from the head end. Reverse the process to exit; unzip footward then swivel feet out while right hand continues unzipping footward (obviously, I have a "head left" WBBB).

I assume your zipper works smoothly other times and that it isn't a rough pull all the time, not matter what the situation....
    //
    “Stories set in the Culture in which Things Went Wrong tended to start with humans losing or forgetting or deliberately leaving behind their terminal. It was a conventional opening, the equivalent of straying off the path in the wild woods in one age, or a car breaking down at night on a lonely road in another.”
    ― Iain M. Banks, The Player of Games

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    That's funny, I never saw a thread on this over 2 years and never thought to bring it up. But for me, it's just expected...like trying to zip a duffel bag when it's full. Or tent zippers which usually suck in general. You have to move away from it a bit and sometimes help the surrounding fabric with your other hand. For me, it's only the last 8" or so near by shoulder/torso that's a bit difficult.

• + New Posts