Hammock
    WBRR / WBBB
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG / UGQ
    Suspension
    Buckles / Whoopies
    Alright, I placed my order for the ARGON green, short 20* Incubator with 1 oz. overstuff. About how long will I have to wait until it ships? ( my birthday this friday, so it was a good excuse to get it. )
    I'm a Mormon. I know it, I live it, and I love it.

The Lowcountry - SC (previously Boston, MA)
    Hammock
    WL Snipe
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Slings, Dutchware
    Quote Originally Posted by DRobertson View Post
    Alright, I placed my order for the ARGON green, short 20* Incubator with 1 oz. overstuff. About how long will I have to wait until it ships? ( my birthday this friday, so it was a good excuse to get it. )
    It's been almost three weeks since I ordered my burrow and it has not shipped. Others on here seem to be having similar times. I would expect 3 weeks until it ships and hope for something sooner.
    fishwater youtube channel: Check out my channel to see backpacking in New England

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    WB Line Strap
    Ordered a 20° TQ/UQ from HG on 4/4 and received them on 4/28
    "Nothing could be more irrational than to give the people power and to withhold from them information, without which power is abused. A people who mean to be their own governors must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it is but a prologue to a farce or tragedy, or perhaps both." - James Madison

Hammock
    WBRR / WBBB
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG / UGQ
    Suspension
    Buckles / Whoopies
    sweet. looks like the wait will be worth it! So if I got the short version with 1 oz overstuff, should it be warm down to 15* or maybe even 10*?

Hammock
    HH Expedition, HH Explorer Dlx
    Tarp
    Noah 12, BCUSA 10
    Insulation
    JRB Nest, Old Rag
    Suspension
    Stock HH w/rings
    Images
    0 can be more of a 3 season quilt..spring, winter, fall if you use venting when needed. For deep summer just us a PLUQ or make something from fleece to go under you. add/subtract sleeping clothing as needed and you will be all set. Heck even a 20F can be hot in the east coast humid summers.

The Lowcountry - SC (previously Boston, MA)
    Hammock
    WL Snipe
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Slings, Dutchware
    Quote Originally Posted by DRobertson View Post
    sweet. looks like the wait will be worth it! So if I got the short version with 1 oz overstuff, should it be warm down to 15* or maybe even 10*?
    . I've had my 20degree phoenix plus 1 oz overstuff down to 9F and 11F. It was pretty windy both times but I was generally ok. Typical deal where you start too warm at first and gradually cool throughout the night. Probably around 5 am I woke up cool, but adding another clothing layer enabled me to get back asleep. Not the ideal warmth at those temps early in the morning but not too bad. Definitely fine for a short trip.

On a side note my burrow was delivered today and I will post pics of it once I get home to check it out. Pumped.
    fishwater youtube channel: Check out my channel to see backpacking in New England

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    I used my 20° + 1oz Incubator a few times in the winter. No issued whatsoever. Actually, I knew I was really rolling the dice when I arrived at the trailhead around 10PM and it was 7°F! There was no turning back, so I just went for it and did fine. Probably one of the coziest nights in my hammock. The next trip I took got down to at least 3*°F and maybe even closer to 0°. Not even a cool spot. I am very surprised and obviously thrilled with these results!

Hammock
    WBBB XLC 1.1 dbl/ Traveler 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    Toxaway & Bullfrog
    Insulation
    Incubator & Burrow
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    I ended up with both because we camp (moto and cage) in elevations that can freeze during summer. If you only want one I'd suggest the 20 degree with a 2QZQ breathable under quilt protector. Mine increases the insulation by a noticeable margin. As always YMMV and it all depends on your personal comfort zones.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC 1.7
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB yeti, HG Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I have the 20* and used it in freezing temps, possibly as much as -5 C (no idea what that is in F), without feeling anywhere near its limit. I've also used it in warmer weather. However, in an effort to reduce bulk, I got a yeti when ordering my XLC, and I've used that one down to a couple of -degrees as well. So my conclusion is the 20 will bring you down into fairly deep winter - if I went out in foreaast -10 i would not worry at all - and venting will allow pretty warm weather too, while being less bulky and weighty than the 0. So, just to say that I Think you made the right choice!

Hammock
    WBRR / WBBB
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG / UGQ
    Suspension
    Buckles / Whoopies
    So, I cant wait.... still checking for emails all the time!!! and I have a KAQ jarbidge that I use indoors & in the summer. My incubator will be my go-to quilt. (and quite honestly, my backyard hanging quilt too!)

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast