WBRR / WBBB
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG / UGQ
    Suspension
    Buckles / Whoopies

Question 0 deg. or 20 deg. ???

Hi yall, Im going to buy the incubator, but would like some advice. Ill be doing about 50% of my hanging in the summer, and 50% in the winter. However, im leaning towards the 0 deg. model. Is this a good choice? Or should I get the 20 deg. with overstuff?
    I'm a Mormon. I know it, I live it, and I love it.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC 1.7d
    Tarp
    HG WinterPalace
    Suspension
    straps whoopie
    both are good choices ... just depends on how cold it gets. If its too cold put more clothes on. If its too hot just vent

Hammock
    DH RG 11' 1.6 Lefty
    Tarp
    HG, OES
    Insulation
    UQG,HG,WB
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    A 0* UQ would be pretty bad in the summer. It is also bulkier if backpacking. The 20* is all around better. In the winter you could bring a CC pad for extra warmth and maybe in the future it can be doubled up with the purchase of a 3/4 length quilt. That covers all seasons. 3/4 summer, full length spring and fall, and doubled in the winter. Problem solved

Hammock
    DIY Argon 11.5'
    Tarp
    DIY SuperFly
    Insulation
    HG Inc 0º, UGQ FJ
    Suspension
    Dutch Speedhooks
    I use my 0º up to about 65º just changing the top quilt to a single blanket. Heat rises so you can use that to your advantage.

Hammock
    WBRR / WBBB
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG / UGQ
    Suspension
    Buckles / Whoopies

Red face

It seems as if either is good. I think Ill go right in the middle and get a 20 deg. with 1 ounce of overstuff. Yes, I can stack UQs in the winter, and vent in the summer. Thank yall for helping me out! Advice is great!

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    BMJ
    Insulation
    3S Incubator
    Suspension
    Stock
    I agree with Thumbs. Underquilts can be hung to vent, allowing use in much higher temps than rating. If it is too hot, just push off to the side. I have a 20, but would buy a 0 if I had it do over again.

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    Goose bumps
    Suspension
    Bat Feet
    The stock 20* works fine for me a few miles north of you. I also use it year round with an under quilt protector and like the triangle thingies for hanging the quilt.
    I had to modify the suspension system on mine to make it work the way I wanted, but that was pretty simple to run each side to adjust for a diagonal lay.
    Love is blind. Marriage is an eye opener.

Hammock
    WBRR / WBBB
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG / UGQ
    Suspension
    Buckles / Whoopies
    yeah, worland does have similar weather and temps compared to billings. I prefer to have my underside warmer than my topside, and I have a 20* topquilt, so that's why I'm adding overstuff.

However, I'm still considering UGQ because they offer more affordable duck down. (+ the great customer service) I like the incubator for the design, but is paying extra for the 850 fill goose-down worth it compared to 700 fill duck down???

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Sounds like you're not concerned about weight. Honestly, a 20* quilt set should be your beginner quilt set. It will cover the most range of temps, while offering lower weight. If you find yourself wanting other quilts (summer or winter), it's easy to expand your range.

My first quilt set was 20*, and now I have a 0* set. I figure that layering could get me down pretty low. I have no interest in summer hanging so I've never really considered a 40* or summer quilt set.
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hammock
    Warbonnet RidgeRunner
    Tarp
    SF, Winter Dream
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 0, 20
    Suspension
    adjustable straps
    I had the same dilemma. I didn't want to have to shell out $$ for both so I compromised by buying a 0* full and then getting a DIY 20* 3/4 UQ from this forum. The latter was a lot cheaper than a new one and, in combination with my Reflectix pad, covers the 20*-50* range.
    “I held a moment in my hand, brilliant as a star, fragile as a flower, a tiny sliver of one hour. I dropped it carelessly, Ah! I didn't know, I held opportunity.” -Hazel Lee

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast