Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hammock
    Hennessy Safari, Eno Doublenest
    Insulation
    Homemade Undrquilt
    That tarp must have been named "Old Yeller". I am tearing up myself.

Hammock
    DH RG 11' 1.6 Lefty
    Tarp
    HG, OES
    Insulation
    UQG,HG,WB
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    I know what you mean Cannibal. It took alot of courage to cut my tarp. It was an extra since I don't have the hammock anymore, but man it was tough. I believe you and i share the same gear fetish. I first sat down with it and told it that it had lived a long life, seen more miles than most other tarps ever will. I also pointed out that although it's time was over, it can be reborn into a rainskirt and maybe a stuffsack or two. And the donated pieces will go to be studied and may help others in the future. Then we had some libation together for old time sakes. We held each other for one last time and once my tarp was completely unware....snip, off came a corner. It looked at me as if to say "why". It kept me dry and warm for months and now I sent pieces by the US mail. Not even priority or anything. Since then remaining part of the tarp lies motionless on my basement floor. When I close eyes I can still hear the the sound of the of the scissors first cutting throught the grossgrain, then quickly passing throught the sil until it hit the grosgrain on the other side. I've never actually parted with a piece of gear before. I hope the first cut is the deepest. Now that I have one under my belt maybe i can get rid of that snake bite kit and yellow egg carrier that just takes up space.
    Fig, I was thinking while reading this, "I hope Dutch doesn't have a dog". Dutch, you do have a bit of melodrama about you .
    Sorry Brian, I haven't used up the two tarps I bought from you. I dream of the opportunities to wear them out.

Hammock
    ENO Singlesnest
    Tarp
    JRB CatTarp
    Insulation
    Speer Snugfit
    Suspension
    Rope/EnoSlapstraps
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    I know what you mean Cannibal. It took alot of courage to cut my tarp. It was an extra since I don't have the hammock anymore, but man it was tough. I believe you and i share the same gear fetish. I first sat down with it and told it that it had lived a long life, seen more miles than most other tarps ever will. I also pointed out that although it's time was over, it can be reborn into a rainskirt and maybe a stuffsack or two. And the donated pieces will go to be studied and may help others in the future. Then we had some libation together for old time sakes. We held each other for one last time and once my tarp was completely unware....snip, off came a corner. It looked at me as if to say "why". It kept me dry and warm for months and now I sent pieces by the US mail. Not even priority or anything. Since then remaining part of the tarp lies motionless on my basement floor. When I close eyes I can still hear the the sound of the of the scissors first cutting throught the grossgrain, then quickly passing throught the sil until it hit the grosgrain on the other side. I've never actually parted with a piece of gear before. I hope the first cut is the deepest. Now that I have one under my belt maybe i can get rid of that snake bite kit and yellow egg carrier that just takes up space.
    All I can say is "Wow".

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12