HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Suede View Post
    Silvrsurfr tentative?
    My son Shelf Life has a boatload (pun intended) of stuff going on with rowing (crew). I think I'll be able to attend this gathering, but unfortunately (or fortunately), his crew team has come together and seems to be rocketing up the charts and beating every team in the state. Every time they win, they move to the next round and row again. I really didn't expect him to have such astounding rowing success, but hey, stuff happens. His team consistently came in around 7th or 8th in the beginning of the season, but they're just on fire right now. It's hard to believe they could go from middle of the pack to kicking butt overnight. They've got the fastest time in the state by 12 seconds so they're suddenly the favorites. Go figure.

My wife has been shouldering much of the load taking him to his regattas, but this is potentially a four-day event. My wife and I have tentatively agreed that I will take him to Philly regattas Thursday and Friday, and she'll cover the Saturday and Sunday regattas, presented by Toyota.

http://www.stotesburycupregatta.com/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stotesbury_Cup

I just can't commit fully to the hang till I see how things pan out. If he's rowing for the state championship, I may have to bail on this hang.

So I'll be tentative right up till the last moment.

EDIT: Just realized this is a national regatta, not state. In fact, it is one of the biggest high school rowing competions in the US. So if my kid's boat gets past the semifinals, you probably ain't gonna see me!
    Last edited by SilvrSurfr; 05-10-2014 at 21:08.
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hammock
    DH T-BIRD - SL 1.8 poly
    Tarp
    HG CF 4
    Insulation
    LeighLo/HG
    Suspension
    Adj web, whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by SilvrSurfr View Post
    My son Shelf Life has a boatload of stuff going on with rowing (crew). I think I'll be able to attend this gathering, but unfortunately (or fortunately), his crew team has come together and seems to be rocketing up the charts and beating every team in the state. Every time they win, they move to the next round and row again. I really didn't expect him to have such astounding rowing success, but hey, stuff happens. His team consistently came in around 7th or 8th in the beginning of the season, but they're just on fire right now.

My wife has been shouldering much of the load taking him to his regattas. I have to take him to Philly Thursday and Friday, and my wife is supposed to relieve me on Friday. I just can't commit fully till I see how things pan out. If he's swimming for the state championship, I may have to bail on this hang.
    Totally understood and kids come first. Congrats to your son, but hope you can make it without any detriment to your sons success.
    John aka Suede

Hammock
    DIY bridge hammock
    Tarp
    OES/WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubator/Burrow
    Suspension
    WB Straps
    Images
    Silvr, that's great news about your son. It would be great to see you again however, I hope your son goes all the way.

Spreadsheet updated.
    Syb
    Enjoy the elevation

Hammock
    11' gathered, diy bridge
    Tarp
    superfly
    Insulation
    hg 20,llg 0
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Quote Originally Posted by SilvrSurfr View Post
    My son Shelf Life has a boatload (pun intended) of stuff going on with rowing (crew). I think I'll be able to attend this gathering, but unfortunately (or fortunately), his crew team has come together and seems to be rocketing up the charts and beating every team in the state. Every time they win, they move to the next round and row again. I really didn't expect him to have such astounding rowing success, but hey, stuff happens. His team consistently came in around 7th or 8th in the beginning of the season, but they're just on fire right now. It's hard to believe they could go from middle of the pack to kicking butt overnight. They've got the fastest time in the state by 12 seconds so they're suddenly the favorites. Go figure.

My wife has been shouldering much of the load taking him to his regattas, but this is potentially a four-day event. My wife and I have tentatively agreed that I will take him to Philly regattas Thursday and Friday, and she'll cover the Saturday and Sunday regattas, presented by Toyota.

http://www.stotesburycupregatta.com/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stotesbury_Cup

I just can't commit fully to the hang till I see how things pan out. If he's rowing for the state championship, I may have to bail on this hang.

So I'll be tentative right up till the last moment.

EDIT: Just realized this is a national regatta, not state. In fact, it is one of the biggest high school rowing competions in the US. So if my kid's boat gets past the semifinals, you probably ain't gonna see me!
    Good luck to the boy.

Senior Member pilsburythrowboy12's Avatar
    Hammock
    Warbonnet Black Bird
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    WB mamba, HG Incub
    Suspension
    WB cinch buckles
    Depending on the consensus here I might add on some Striper to the menu! I got my first ever keeper yesterday on the beach in Spring Lake! I'm going to be fishing pretty much all week long with my buddies on the beachfront so if I land another its definitely coming with. Not counting my eggs before they hatch, just being hopeful.
    image.jpg

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR, Dream Hammock TB
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Good ole Dutch
    Nice catch, Stripers are a ton of fun.

Hammock
    XLC, DIY, GT Dbl for day hiking
    Tarp
    WL OMW
    Insulation
    AHE KAQ JUQ, HG0B
    Suspension
    Web with Triangles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by aircoder View Post
    Nice catch, Stripers are a ton of fun.
    Not to mention darn tasty. Soak them in some milk, it helps.
    Have sherpas, will travel...
    Triangles, it's all about the triangles.
    H30º ™
    HTA

8.7167º

Senior Member pilsburythrowboy12's Avatar
    Hammock
    Warbonnet Black Bird
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    WB mamba, HG Incub
    Suspension
    WB cinch buckles
    I think you're confusing bluefish with the stripers I have in the pic. Speaking of fishing, my new Iphone5 took a dive into the Atlantic Ocean today while I was fishing and I was not diving into 15 feet of incoming tide to save it. That said my current phone number is not working until I get my phone replaced and I'll be in touch with you to cover final trip details either through here or from my home land line phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratdog View Post
    Not to mention darn tasty. Soak them in some milk, it helps.

Hammock
    XLC, DIY, GT Dbl for day hiking
    Tarp
    WL OMW
    Insulation
    AHE KAQ JUQ, HG0B
    Suspension
    Web with Triangles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pilsburythrowboy12 View Post
    I think you're confusing bluefish with the stripers I have in the pic. Speaking of fishing, my new Iphone5 took a dive into the Atlantic Ocean today while I was fishing and I was not diving into 15 feet of incoming tide to save it. That said my current phone number is not working until I get my phone replaced and I'll be in touch with you to cover final trip details either through here or from my home land line phone.
    While generally used for bluefish because of their extra 'fishy' nature, it will take some of the oil out of any fish. I enjoy striper in a quick soak of milk followed by a soak in ginger ale or beer. Then again plain old oil and lemon works as well. Heck I'll eat bluefish straight up with some Portuguese bread. Used to live on the stuff all summer for years.

I'll be happy with any fish at all next weekend. Best of luck this week, sounds like the ocean owes you a little something.
    Have sherpas, will travel...
    Triangles, it's all about the triangles.
    H30º ™
    HTA

8.7167º

Hammock
    11' gathered, diy bridge
    Tarp
    superfly
    Insulation
    hg 20,llg 0
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratdog View Post
    While generally used for bluefish because of their extra 'fishy' nature, it will take some of the oil out of any fish. I enjoy striper in a quick soak of milk followed by a soak in ginger ale or beer. Then again plain old oil and lemon works as well. Heck I'll eat bluefish straight up with some Portuguese bread. Used to live on the stuff all summer for years.

I'll be happy with any fish at all next weekend. Best of luck this week, sounds like the ocean owes you a little something.
    Does this mean we need to bring in some milk to soak our catch in Saturday?

• + New Posts
  • Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast