Since I'm new and don't feel up to searching through pages and pages of topics here, I figured I'd start this thread.

Are there ever any Florida hangouts scheduled? If not, does anybody have an interest?

I'm thinking some time in the fall might be nice. I've been camping all my life, but I can be honest and say I'd probably be miserable trying to camp this time of year (extreme heat, humidity, bugs), so waiting until fall seems best.

How about the Ocala National Forest? It seems to be the best, centrally located place for a campout. Maybe another spot would work better?

I know in my short time here, I've already seen folks from FL. I know there's some kayakers/canoers, too. How's a weekend "paddle and swing" sound to anyone? (no, not that kind of paddle and swing! ) What about the Santa Fe or Suwannee Rivers?

I'm in Sarasota, south of Tampa. A local trip closer to home would be good, if there's others in the area, too.

Just throwing out the option...if there's an interest, post up! (even if you can't commit to anything solid right now)