Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Speed Hook
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pilsburythrowboy12 View Post
    You guys got room for a last second add on?
    I believe we do - just waiting on Ratdog to confirm his head count. If you hadn't noticed, this whole trip is last second!

You have a car, I assume? If that's the case, then the trip is a go regardless of Ratdog. We just need two cars so we can put one at the put-in and one at the pullout.
    Last edited by SilvrSurfr; 05-02-2014 at 21:08.
    “The way to see by Faith is to shut the eye of Reason.” - Benjamin Franklin

Senior Member pilsburythrowboy12's Avatar
    Hammock
    Warbonnet Black Bird
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    WB mamba, HG Incub
    Suspension
    WB cinch buckles
    Just pm'd you, gimme a call when you get a second.

Quote Originally Posted by SilvrSurfr View Post
    I believe we do - just waiting on Ratdog to confirm his head count. If you hadn't noticed, this whole trip is last second!

You have a car, I assume? If that's the case, then the trip is a go regardless of Ratdog. We just need two cars so we can put one at the put-in and one at the pullout.

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Speed Hook
    Images
    Just talked to pilsburythrowboy12 - he's turkey hunting up north around Hamilton Square off 195 till noon. It'll take him 45 minutes to get to Atsion. I'll try to arrive by 1:30 pm (but I make no promises; I could be as late as 2:30 in which case pilsburythrowboy12 can tour Atsion Lake to pass the time). Since he's got a car and I have a car we can do our own shuttle to Batsto Village.

Is that meetup time okay with you Ratdog? You are the master logistician so I accede to your superior logistical ability. If you're coming later, do you mind if we start paddling without you?

I could fit another in my boat if necessary.

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Speed Hook
    Images
    River peaked at 4.16 feet (flood stage is 5 ft.). We're now down to 4.11 feet - still plenty of water for an exhilarating paddle!

I just booked site 2, right by the water pump, for two people - we can add more when we pickup the camping permit. This site will hold probably four or five hammocks. Probably should have booked site 4, but site 2 is my favorite, and we kinda have our own private beach.
    Last edited by SilvrSurfr; 05-02-2014 at 22:49.

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Speed Hook
    Images
    Just pm'd you, gimme a call when you get a second.
    One thing I forgot to ask you: do you need to borrow any gear? I can loan you HG quilts if you need them.

The reason I ask is because we had a noob come out to a group hang last winter with a low of 18 degrees, and he only brought an underquilt - no topquilt, no sleeping bag! Needless to say he froze, and I felt bad I didn't ask him about his gear. Tomorrow's low temps in Hammonton are 49 degrees, but you can usually expect Mullica River to be up to 10 degrees colder - so expect a low of 39 degrees.

Last week when I camped at Mullica weather.com said it would be 38 degrees in Hammonton - it was 28 degrees at Mullica river campsite.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Black Bird
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    WB mamba, HG Incub
    Suspension
    WB cinch buckles
    I'm playing it safe and bringing my usmc diamond tent w/ mss so I'm good to go. If you've got a spare pole & reel that'd be awesome to knock out some fishing cuz I only have surf rigs. Thanks for the consideration though.

One thing I forgot to ask you: do you need to borrow any gear? I can loan you HG quilts if you need them.

The reason I ask is because we had a noob come out to a group hang last winter with a low of 18 degrees, and he only brought an underquilt - no topquilt, no sleeping bag! Needless to say he froze, and I felt bad I didn't ask him about his gear. Tomorrow's low temps in Hammonton are 49 degrees, but you can usually expect Mullica River to be up to 10 degrees colder - so expect a low of 39 degrees.

Last week when I camped at Mullica weather.com said it would be 38 degrees in Hammonton - it was 28 degrees at Mullica river campsite.

Hammock
    DH-TB 11', WBBB
    Tarp
    HG Cuben, Superfly
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear!
    Suspension
    Webbing/Whoopies

I haven't seen him on the forums since that trip. Did we scare him away?

I'm playing it safe and bringing my usmc diamond tent w/ mss so I'm good to go. If you've got a spare pole & reel that'd be awesome to knock out some fishing cuz I only have surf rigs. Thanks for the consideration though.
    SS has enough extra hammocks and gear to outfit you and a couple friends
    Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned.

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Speed Hook
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by silentorpheus View Post
    I haven't seen him on the forums since that trip. Did we scare him away?

SS has enough extra hammocks and gear to outfit you and a couple friends
    Saw Vagabound at the coffee shop recently; he's doing fine - weird as ever.

Yes, pilsburythrowboy12, I do have a lot of gear. If you want to try a particular setup, let me know. I have a 0* HG quilt set and a 20* quilt set. I have tablecloth hammocks and BIAS hammocks, Byer Moskito Hammocks and an HH Exped Zip. Let me know if you want to sample any of my wares.

But I won't loan you my HG Winter Palace - not gonna happen.

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Speed Hook
    Images
    Did you say tent? That's it - I'm bringing you a hammock setup:

1) tablecloth hammock with Dynaglide ridgeline, whoopie slings with Dutch whoopie hooks. I also have two Byer Moskito Hammocks, two BIAS hammocks and an HH Exped zip if you'd rather try one of those (all hammocks for sale for the right price).
    2) HammockGear 0* Burrow TQ and 0* Incubator UQ, or you can try the 20* set.
    3) Don't think we'll need a tarp, but I'll bring a Grand Trunk Funky Forest tarp that will keep you dry.

Start in the hammock, and then if you want to sleep in the tent - go ahead on! Gear envy is a horrible thing. I wouldn't have what I have if I didn't see what others have and drooled!

You are not sleeping in a tent! I will tuck you in and check on you hourly before that happens.
    Last edited by SilvrSurfr; 05-02-2014 at 23:49.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Black Bird
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    WB mamba, HG Incub
    Suspension
    WB cinch buckles
    I've gotta be up in 2 stinkin hours to set up the blind and I can't effing fall asleep cuz of the anticipation of this daggum overnighter!