DH Thunderbird
    Tarp
    AHE Toxaway
    Insulation
    HG 20* Incu/Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings

Recent quality? Feedback?

I know for a month or two there, there seemed to be some quality issues, communication issues, etc. For anyone that's purchased a TQ or UQ recently (past month?), how has your experience been? Any craftsmanship issues? I'm looking to pull the trigger tomorrow, but I've been feeling a little uneasy since the new year. However, it's hard to find someone that sells the 850 treated down for as cheap and as lightweight. Planning on picking up a 20* burrow and 20* incubator.

Joe

Hammock
    DIY bridge hammock
    Tarp
    OES/WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubator/Burrow
    Suspension
    WB Straps
    Images
    I haven't ordered anything in the time frame you reference however, I own the same quilts you're thinking of getting. Top notch quality all around. No complaints whatsoever. Buy them. Be warm. Be happy.
    Syb
    Enjoy the elevation

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    I haven't heard of any quality issues - just communication issues. I received my 0* Burrow a couple of weeks ago and the quality is top notch, as are the other three HG quilts and HG Winter palace I own. I have other items on order from HG.

If you want great HG gear, then pull the trigger. If you want great communications, go elsewhere. Personally, I like HG gear.
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Roaming Gnome
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 20
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Atlas
    I have an Incubator on order...haven't gotten it yet but I chose it based on multiple reviews extolling the high quality of that company's product...I could not find a bad review...

Hammock
    HH Expedition Zip
    Tarp
    WLtdpl,diySnowFort
    Insulation
    HG Inc10,DIY TQ 0?
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Got a 10* Incubator in March. Communication was excellent, quality is excellent, built as ordered.
    I couldn't be happier about the purchasing experience or product.

Hammock
    DH Thunderbird
    Tarp
    AHE Toxaway
    Insulation
    HG 20* Incu/Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    thanks guys. i agree, HG gear is awesome. I've had my eyes on it for almost a year now. Researched every other option to death, always come back to HG. On this forum i've read issues about incorrect colors, quilt hooks not being sewn properly, understuffing, and the end channel pulling out when cinching up. Not major issues, but caused a little hesitation. Thanks for reaffirming!

Hammock
    wbbb
    Tarp
    superfly
    Insulation
    hg diy
    I have order from Adam a few times and never had any problems at all top quality gear

Hammock
    DH Tbird
    Tarp
    HG Camo Cuben
    Insulation
    HG 20*Burrow/Incub
    Suspension
    whoopie!!!
    I just ordered a 20* burrow, 20* incubator, and tarp last night. I was skeptical in the beginning, communication was a little iffy at first. I sent an email and left two voice mails within a 3-5 day period. But Adam called me back on the next day after my last voice mail-- it was in the morning actually. He spent a good 30-45 minutes talking to me and discussing my needs and wants. I've emailed back and forth with Jen this morning clearing up some questions I had. Then this afternoon she responded to my last question. It seems the best time to get a hold of them is in the morning. If I had to guess I imagine they try and knock phone calls and emails out in the a.m., work through out the day, then respond to emails in the evening...just my outsider looking in thoughts. But,I must say, so far everything has been top-notch. Just take in to consideration they are a cottage out fit and if demand and production is high it may take a minute to get an initial response.
    Last edited by Slowwalker; 05-01-2014 at 18:35.
    "Not all who wander are lost." – JRR Tolkien

Hammock
    hennessy expedition
    Tarp
    hammock gear c.f.
    Insulation
    hammock gear
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    as i posted in other posts, i ordered a top quilt last saturday, we exchanged a few emails because i put together a hike, bike or paddle hang trip in illinois for the weekend of the 9th and i would like to have my quilt for the hang, jen returned my emails, and i should have my quilt either tomorrow or saturday, less then 1 week turn around, thats awesome. when im able to order my cuben fiber tarp, im buying it from hammock gear, hands down, no questions asked. They took the time to fill a customers needs, which you dont find much anymore. When i order my tarp, i am going to give them all the lead time they need . I will be posting pics of my quilt when it arrives .

Hammock
    Snipe, Netty, Argon
    Tarp
    Tadpole, Cuben, SF
    Insulation
    HammockGear
    Suspension
    Dutch DooDads
    Team Hammock Gear Rocks.....'Nuff Said!
    Visit Backpacking Adventures and submit your pictures into our monthly contest!

Check us out on YouTube or FaceBook

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast