sld treerunner dl
    Tarp
    toxaway
    Insulation
    hg incubator uq
    Suspension
    straps/whoopies

SLD Streamliner hammock

1.1 DL, coyote brown, ARL, whoopies, straps, toggles and 2 sided stuff sack. excellent condition, lightly used. retails for $106, will sell for $75 shipped CONUS. reason for selling: have tried several different setups to get my wife into hammock camping but she still prefers the tent and pad. So I am giving up and will tent on our trips but will hang on my solo trips.

Hammock
    Warrior Edge UL - LSoH
    Tarp
    'Razor' Hex - LSoH
    Insulation
    LSoH Toaster TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Various
    Hi. How long is the hammock.

Hammock
    sld treerunner dl
    Tarp
    toxaway
    Insulation
    hg incubator uq
    Suspension
    straps/whoopies
    sorry that I left that out. it's 11 ft.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 DL ENO D, WW
    Tarp
    HG Cuben &Superfly
    Insulation
    HG 20*TQ & 20* UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Does it have an integrated bug net?
    "Life's short, if you don't stop and look around every once in a while you might miss it". FB

Hammock
    sld treerunner dl
    Tarp
    toxaway
    Insulation
    hg incubator uq
    Suspension
    straps/whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by bayoubomber View Post
    Does it have an integrated bug net?
    no, it is netless.

Hammock
    DH ThunderBird
    Tarp
    Superfly,Tadpole
    Insulation
    HG,INC/UGQ,FLTJ
    Suspension
    Speedos/Ankors
    How wide is it?

Hammock
    sld treerunner dl
    Tarp
    toxaway
    Insulation
    hg incubator uq
    Suspension
    straps/whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by rotorwash View Post
    How wide is it?
    from Jared's website: the 1.1 is 62" wide (subtract 3 inches for the hems and 10 inches for the catenary curves).

Hammock
    sld treerunner dl
    Tarp
    toxaway
    Insulation
    hg incubator uq
    Suspension
    straps/whoopies
    it appears I left out quite a bit of info on my original post so I will add (in addition to the above) - the whoopee slings are a dark grey color. One has a grey bead on it and the other end has a black bead. There is a label that says "Simply Light Design" on one side of the hammock. (About 15% of the hammock length down the side of the hammock when observed from the hem). This tag appears to have to no functional use but is an offwhite color with black lettering. The adjustable ridgeline is a ridgeline that is, in fact, adjustable and connects one end of the hammock to the other to prevent sag. it appears to be identical in color to the whoopies used in the suspension. The stuff sack is coyote brown (to match the hammock) and has openings at both ends. The drawstrings used to close the stuff sack appear to be white or perhaps cream in color. There are little spring loaded devices on each white (or cream) drawstring to cinch the stuff sack closed. These devices are black and appear to be made of plastic although the spring is clearly made of metal (silver in color).The thread used in all stitching is coyote brown so as to match closely with the appearance of the stuff sack and hammock. Both of which are coyote brown.

Let me know if there any further questions. By the way, I have used it myself in the backyard. it is a comfortable hammock. I just don't need two. (BTW, I always leave out info, no matter how much I try, in my posts in this forum. This is my attempt to describe the item down to the last detail.)

Hammock
    DIY DL 11'
    Tarp
    DIY SilHex
    Insulation
    OWL UQ & Bag as TQ
    Suspension
    7/64th Whoopies
    My wife wants to know if the Coyote Brown color appears the same in the sun as it does in the shade, if not please describe the color difference in detail. Also, on the small plastic devices on the cream colored draw strings on the stuff sack (presumably used to stuff the hammock into), are the Springs of a coil type or a flat leaf type of spring?

Also, will this hammock make her look more or less tan? Thank you for clarifying those things.

Edit: also, what kind of Coyote?
    Last edited by JP_dog; 05-05-2014 at 04:05.

Hammock
    sld treerunner dl
    Tarp
    toxaway
    Insulation
    hg incubator uq
    Suspension
    straps/whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by JP_dog View Post
    My wife wants to know if the Coyote Brown color appears the same in the sun as it does in the shade, if not please describe the color difference in detail. Also, on the small plastic devices on the cream colored draw strings on the stuff sack (presumably used to stuff the hammock into), are the Springs of a coil type or a flat leaf type of spring?

Also, will this hammock make her look more or less tan? Thank you for clarifying those things.

Edit: also, what kind of Coyote?
    The color is a dark beige "café au laite" when observed in natural light. After extensive research, I have found this to be more in line with the natural color appearance of the 100% pure coyote (canis latrans) that inhabits the plains of the upper Midwest rather than the eastern coyote, which has been genetically differentiated over the centuries by cross breeding with wolves. For brevity I will leave off the species names of the various wolf species found in the continental US but PM for further details. Without taking apart the spring loaded devices (which could not be reassembled) the spring is most definitely a coil spring type with an estimated force on the cream polyester drawstring of perhaps 12 newtons per square inch of diameter. More than the required 8 necessary to keep a drawstring closed during a typical backpacking trip.

After testing, the color does appear to be darker in the shade than it does in the light. I am not a scientist by any stretch of the imagination but I think this may be caused by the absence of light in the shade. Just a theory. I took several other items out to test and they too appeared to be darker in the shade. I would suggest that. if you prefer the lighter color that you do not hang your hammocks under trees. In my testing I found a high degree of correlation between the density of trees in an area and the amount of shade. In other words, more trees = more shade. Less trees = less shade. But we all know that correlation is not causation right? My testing concluded at around 11:45 eastern time. at night, the hammock appeared to be at its darkest in appearance as judged by both myself and my wife. At night we noticed that there was also the absence of shade at our test site.

Rotating the hammock 90 degrees about its longitudal axis did not impact test results. In other words, it looks the same in any light conditions whether it is oriented in a north south direction or in an east-west hang. ymmv.

regarding your wife's appearance vis-à-vis her tan, how in the heck am I supposed to know how tan she currently is? Is that some sort of trick question there pal?

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast