Tarp
    DIY 10x11
    Insulation
    DIY this-n-that
    Suspension
    Whoopie/M-spike
    Images

I'm in love

I slept in a friend's singlenest this weekend and was blown away. I'd never tried one before and had this elitist notion that HAABs were entry level or obsolete, or something like that. It turned out to be the best night I've ever had in a hammock, and I've had many great nights above ground. The parachute nylon feels awesome and I was actually most comfortable laying inline, rather than diagonally. I think it just fits me perfectly. I didn't get any hot spots on my heels or sore backbending knees, and I was able to pull a summer weight SB over it tube style (a la Jeff's site). That's a pretty rocking summer setup with some kind of bugnet head bivy. I don't really need any advice, I just have to gush!

I'll say I love this style of hammock, but I wouldn't say I love HAABs, because I think when I get one of my own, the hook and the bag will come off pretty quickly.
    .. truly to enjoy bodily warmth, some small part of you must be cold, for there is no quality in this world that is not what it is merely by contrast. Nothing exists in itself. If you flatter yourself that you are all over comfortable, and have been so a long time, then you cannot be said to be comfortable any more. - Herman Melville

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by vitamaltz View Post
    I'd never tried one before and had this elitist notion that HAABs were entry level or obsolete, or something like that.
    Congratulations. You've discovered that 'starter hammocks' are lacking only addon features, not comfort.

As many hammocks as I've collected, my favorites are still the simpler ones.
    “I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

Hammock
    BB 1.7 Dbl, ENO SN, Switchback
    Tarp
    SWT, Diamond Fly
    Insulation
    Infl. Pad, Fleece
    Suspension
    Ring Bckl, Whoopie
    I'll be hanging in my singlenest this weekend. I'll keep the BB packed for the next hang.
    "I used to be sane, but now I'm better."

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by vitamaltz View Post
    I slept in a friend's singlenest this weekend and was blown away. I'd never tried one before and had this elitist notion that HAABs were entry level or obsolete, or something like that. .....
    I still rate my Claytor No Net as one of my most comfortable hammocks! I think it qualifies as a more or less HAAB, kind of.

Hammock
    Arrowhead 11 ft
    Tarp
    Arrowhead Toxaway
    Insulation
    Arrowhead,Peapod,
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    I find myself setting up my eno singlenest all the time just to spend an hour or so in it if that is all the time I have. My only problem is that until I build a stand for it I have to hang in the front yard and my neighbors think I am nuts. I replaced the heavy biners that came with it with rings on one end and a light weight climbing biner on the other. I am 6'4", 225lbs and it fits me very well.

Hammock
    ENO Singlesnest
    Tarp
    JRB CatTarp
    Insulation
    Speer Snugfit
    Suspension
    Rope/EnoSlapstraps
    At first I thought I'd already posted to this cause of what Lazyboy wrote - "I find myself setting up my eno singlenest all the time just to spend an hour or so in it if that is all the time I have."

I stay in hotels all over the country during work but frequently set up my SinglesNest in their parking lots or out by the pools just to get away from the room. If not for Hampton Inn's incredibly comfortable beds, I think I'd almost rather be in my Eno in the parking lot than have to share a room with some dude I don't know very well.

• + New Posts