Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Hammock
    HH Backpacker
    Tarp
    HH Backpacker
    Insulation
    WL Summer/HG 20*
    All of my new down filled quilts had a light smell when new. The older quilts have no smell and the newest only smell lightly.

Hammock
    Sheltowee Boone 20*
    Tarp
    WL Big Daddy
    Insulation
    HG TQ
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    Images
    I just got a TQ 20* yesterday... it does have a smell to it. G0o0oose smell
    I'd rather be hanging.

Hammock
    WB Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    WB SuperFly
    Insulation
    HG Burrow, KAQ UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Just got my 40º burrow (+2oz of overfill) yesterday and it has no smell whatsoever.

Hammock
    Homebrew Argon
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG TQ+UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Stuff
    Maybe this is like cilantro and some people smell it while other don't.

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by clean View Post
    Maybe this is like cilantro and some people smell it while other don't.
    Awww that's the stuff often chopped in salsa, right? Nasty...smells exactly like salsa mixed with Clorox!

Hammock
    DH Darien UL
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I have bought two TQ and two UQ from StormCrow and they didn't smell. I had both filled with the 900 fill and made with 7D fabric. They didn't smell when I got them but after use you will stink them up. If you can deal with the smell of yours you will love the craftsmanship and quality of Adams work.

Hammock
    Dutchware 1.0 Hexon 10'
    Tarp
    HG Std CF w/ doors
    Insulation
    HG Burrow/Phoenix
    Suspension
    DG Whoopie Hook
    Recently got a 20* TQ & UQ and there was a very slight smell, but nothing I would describe as offensive. Being that it is a natural animal product you will have that (think leather).

Hammock
    diy 1.1 oz
    Tarp
    diy cat cut
    Insulation
    hg incubator
    Suspension
    dutch whoopie hook
    Quote Originally Posted by PhiDelt496 View Post
    I dont mean to pick on the OP, but I do feel that I have seen alot of posts lately that the question could be better answered by direct contact with the Vendor. My apologies to the OP, you are just following what has become the norm around here.

If I were to receive a product that I felt had an issue, my first contact would be to the vendor directly. If I did not receive a response in a reasonable amount of time or did not receive a satisfactory response, then, and only then, would I publicize what I feel is an issue with a product. By reasonable amount of time, I mean 2-3 days at the least. Yes, with major retailers or manufacturers, I would expect a more prompt response but with the cottage vendors they often do not have the necessary resources to handle the volume of customer communication. If the vendor gets enough of the same question over and over, then it is on them to relieve themselves of that burden and post a FAQ to provide the answer to the question. I looked for a better place for this rant, but couldnt find it.

Posts like these are read most often by people looking to buy a product from a vendor and I would hate to think that someone was steered from one vendor to another because someone published a perceived issue, or perhaps a one time mistake. And the first that said vendor ever heard of the issue was the same time the rest of the community did.

Does that sound like ideal customer service? No. But I realize their challenges before I order my product (most of them have disclaimers on their websites) and accept that this is the type of service that I will receive. I do not fret about it or worry that I dont hear anything regarding shipping in a week or two, or that I sent an email at midnight and didnt get a response by the time I woke up in the morning.

A couple of months ago, I ordered some gear from two of the forum vendors...one of which was HG. About halfway through the normal wait, I had a friend become free for an impromptu trip a week or so out. I emailed both vendors and told them about the trip and asked if I could get my gear in time. I also stated that I completely understood that I was throwing this in at the last minute and would understand if they could not. Guess what, they both got me my gear in time for my trip and I was thrilled.

Every forum vendor I have dealt with has been tremendously helpful and while maybe not fast, they all have been attentive, responsive, and helpful. So please people, start contacting them first if you feel there is any issue whatsoever with a product and give them the first opportunity to correct it...I doubt they will let you down.
    This is an open forum and his question was honest and fair.
    Now to answer it. I got a 0 degree incubator in 2011 with no smell at all then I purchased a 0 degree burrow in 2014 and it smelled horribly of wet dog. It has got better with time but the smell does come out with moisture in the air.

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234