Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubator 20*
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckle
    Images

Post tagging

Quote Originally Posted by gmcttr View Post
    I don't necessarily know what you're talking about because I stay away from Twitter and Facebook, but, when a new post is started you have the option of adding Tag Words and Advanced Search allows you to include tags in your search parameters.
    The tagging when creating a new thread is IMO sub-par. It only works from the web and only when creating a new thread to my knowledge. There are a lot of us tapatalk users out here and switching to web view to create a post is just a bother. If I'm replying to a thread in any way web or tapatalk, how do I add a tag? Clicking on another box just to add tags isn't the most user friendly when I could just type #UQP and be done with it.

100% of the time when searching I go to google and enter my search term. Example.. "UQP site:www.hammockforums.net"

I'm super happy with hammockforums. I just think that post tagging and user tagging would be extremely helpful.
    "If you do not expect the unexpected you will not find it, for it is not to be reached by search or trail." - Heraclitus

Hammock
    WBRR, Lots of DIY
    Tarp
    MacCat; Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx, HG T/UQ, AHE
    Suspension
    Varies
    If it helps, here is a link Nhott provided in another post which led to this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Nhott View Post
    I think if we had thread tagging it would make everyone's life a little easier searching the forums. http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=269060

Images
    I agree that the tagging system that is part of vbulletin is not as intuitive as hashtags and not easy to use on a mobile device. Having said that vbulletin modifications/add-ons can be a massive pain when upgrading the forum software. The reason it took so long for us to upgrade hammockforums.net from 3.x to 4.x is many of the add-ons did not work with vbulletin 4.x. Rick and I spent many, many hours finding new add-ons to "seamlessly" replace the old unsupported ones, and in a number of cases rewriting parts of the old modules to work with newer versions of vbulletin. The rough transition during the upgrade was mostly a direct result of abandoned and out of date add-ons, modules and themes.

Here are the statistics for version 3.8 of the module you linked to:
    Released: 24 Aug 2011 Last Update: 26 Aug 2011 Downloads: 49

And the 4.x stats:
    Released: 06 Oct 2011 Last Update: Never Downloads: 87

Not exactly confidence inspiring.

I realize there are other, better options out there.

Before we adopt any more add-ons it has to meet the following criteria:

) Add real value to the forums
    ) Code actively maintained/supported
    ) Cost effective

Your idea has merit. Hopefully folks reading this will give their input on @ and # tagging.

In the mean time if folks started using the tagging system currently available more frequently (one can add tags to new/existing threads) that would definitely strengthen the argument for enhanced tagging.