Hammock
    Clark nx 250, WB xlc 1.7dbl,WB rr d
    Tarp
    OMW, vertex
    Insulation
    incubator0,phoenix
    Suspension
    whoopie,atlas,web
    I have a clark nx 250, wb xlc, and a ridge runner they are all great but my favorite is the rr.
    When I was a kid the only time we were in the house was to eat and sleep.

Images
    I have a hennessy deep jungle and a RR. The RR is my favorite by far. It is simple to set up. Don't let people scare you off on the weight. Withouth putting it on a scale, I can't tell any difference in it and my deep jungle. I would definitely recommend it as a first hammock.

Thanks for all the feedback! This really is a great forum. Thanks so much for the feedback! I feel confident in choosing the RR now. Currently saving for it!

Quote Originally Posted by breyman View Post
    You're right. You won't go wrong with either. If you're on the fence, I'd recommend the RR, unless you enjoy sleeping in a fetal position on your side. I find the RR more comfortable than the BBXLC in every other position.

1. No problem with trees. Really only requires 1-2 more feet on average. Not a huge deal.
    2. I find it just a bit easier to set up than the BBXLC - less fiddle factor.
    3. ABSOLUTELY! If mine ripped tomorrow, I'd place an order for a new one tomorrow night.
    4. Absolutely. Due to its comfort and ease of setup, it's a good first hammock.

Two other notes:
    - I ABSOLUTELY love the Lynx underquilt Warbonnet sells. It's light (it doesn't have to be as large as a gathered end underquilt, as you don't lay diagonal in the RR), warm and has pretty much zero room for error. Every time a hammocker uses a Lynx, an angel gets its wings. It's that good.
    - The views. Oh, the views. 180 degrees of pure, unobstructed views. No other hammock quite like it.
    - The one slightly more difficult thing is the tarp. Due to the spreader bars, you'll need a slightly larger tarp (Cloudburst or Superfly are nice options). You also need to pitch a bit higher and/or wider and/or use the side pullouts to avoid hitting the tarp edges. Not a huge deal - and worth it for all the other benefits, but something to make sure you practice lots on at a local park first.
    Thanks for the tips! I'll look into the tarps you suggested.

I'll have to wait for an under quilt. My wife is already going to kill me for spending over $300 on a setup. But forgiveness is what makes marriages stronger!

I searched the forum and saw Brandon recommend cross linked polyurethane (http://www.foambymail.com/MC2-/cross...-foam-2lb.html). I'll probably start out with this as a pad in order to save some money.

I'm in Florida so I'm not sure if a pad will be ample instead of UQ. I hear the UQ is easier to pack down and still good for warmer weather.

Hammock
    WBRR, WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Variety of Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Dutch Hook
    Quote Originally Posted by brswan View Post
    Thanks for the tips! I'll look into the tarps you suggested.

I'll have to wait for an under quilt. My wife is already going to kill me for spending over $300 on a setup. But forgiveness is what makes marriages stronger!

I searched the forum and saw Brandon recommend cross linked polyurethane (http://www.foambymail.com/MC2-/cross...-foam-2lb.html). I'll probably start out with this as a pad in order to save some money.

I'm in Florida so I'm not sure if a pad will be ample instead of UQ. I hear the UQ is easier to pack down and still good for warmer weather.
    Good plan. The UQ is only more helpful if backpacking where weight/space become more an issue. While it's definitely worth saving for the Lynx, the foam pad you listed above would probably work great as most any 20" wide pad will do quite well between the layers in the RR.
    Brian
    Denver, CO
    Father. Husband. Scoutmaster.

Images
    If you want to spend a little more, check this out. I have the Hennessy radiant pad and it is a perfect fit in my RR. Also is light and insulates well.
    http://hennessyhammock.com/catalog/insulation/

Quote Originally Posted by Browning View Post
    If you want to spend a little more, check this out. I have the Hennessy radiant pad and it is a perfect fit in my RR. Also is light and insulates well.
    http://hennessyhammock.com/catalog/insulation/

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll check it out!

Hammock
    DIY GreenBeanHammock
    Tarp
    DIY Tarps/HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Frankenquilt/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Here is my video showing it.....hope it gives some insight.
    Carry forth.
    Shug

Whooooo Buddy)))) All Good in the Backwood Hood.

Shug's YouTube Videos

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    WBCB with door kit
    The RR is my first hammock. Tried it for the first time 2 weeks ago at Big Bend Ranch State Park and slept great. Set up and take down were a breeze, much quicker than a tent. I find I'm more comfortable with tying the straps about head high without much sag. I hang the head slightly lower than the foot area. I love the storage. It has a pouch at the foot end where I put my clothes, one at the head for whatever, and the saddlebags hold a lot. I put my glasses, flashlight clothes and everything I need inside.

Last edited by TxTiger; 05-07-2014 at 11:36.

Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    Here is my video showing it.....hope it gives some insight.
    Carry forth.
    Shug

Love the videos, informative and entertaining. Thanks for sharing!