Dutchware 11'
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah 12
    Insulation
    EE Rev 20
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles

Question for WBRR Owners

I'm thinking of getting my first hammock and diving right into one of the best on the market (from what I read), the Warbonnet Ridgerunner.

Unfortunately I missed out on the Florida group hang to hope to lay in one in person but I think I'll like the flat lay, openness, and saddle bags.

My questions are:
    1. Have you had trouble finding trees to hang on while camping? I've read this hammock has a long minimum distance requirement. Ill be camping with tent folk so finding flat land with trees that are far enough apart may give me problems.

2. Is it hard to set up ?

3. Would you buy it again if?

4. Do you recommend it for a first hammock?

I've been torn between the WBRR and WBBB XLC. But I'm fairly confident I'll enjoy the WBRR more. Either way I don't think I could go wrong with either.

Thanks for any input!

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    1. Have you had trouble finding trees to hang on while camping? I've read this hammock has a long minimum distance requirement. Ill be camping with tent folk so finding flat land with trees that are far enough apart may give me problems.
    No

No

Yes. My wife has one and it is her second favorite hammock after her BB.. The picture is of her in her RR and that is her BB in the background.

Yes, if you do not like it, it will sell very quickly on the forum
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by gunner76; 05-06-2014 at 19:47.
    I am still 18 but with 52 years of experience !

Hammock
    Warbonnet
    Tarp
    HG/BWWD/Z-Packs
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Woopies & Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by brswan View Post
    I'm thinking of getting my first hammock and diving right into one of the best on the market (from what I read), the Warbonnet Ridgerunner.

Unfortunately I missed out on the Florida group hang to hope to lay in one in person but I think I'll like the flat lay, openness, and saddle bags.

My questions are:

nope not at all

absolutely not i can get it set up and comfy faster then i cam get a perfect lay with a gathered end

without a doubt

sure why not

I've been torn between the WBRR and WBBB XLC. But I'm fairly confident I'll enjoy the WBRR more. Either way I don't think I could go wrong with either.

Thanks for any input!
    I've have not laid in a XLC But own some WBBB and some Travelers and a RR and a bridge lays very differently than a gathered end. Car camping WBRR 100% on the trail WBBB to save weight
    Sometimes I like to hike and think, And sometimes I just like to hike.

Hiking is'ent about waiting for the storm to pass its about learning to hike in the rain.

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Lynx/Quilts
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by brswan View Post
    My questions are:

Thanks for any input!
    You're right. You won't go wrong with either. If you're on the fence, I'd recommend the RR, unless you enjoy sleeping in a fetal position on your side. I find the RR more comfortable than the BBXLC in every other position.

1. No problem with trees. Really only requires 1-2 more feet on average. Not a huge deal.
    2. I find it just a bit easier to set up than the BBXLC - less fiddle factor.
    3. ABSOLUTELY! If mine ripped tomorrow, I'd place an order for a new one tomorrow night.
    4. Absolutely. Due to its comfort and ease of setup, it's a good first hammock.

Two other notes:
    - I ABSOLUTELY love the Lynx underquilt Warbonnet sells. It's light (it doesn't have to be as large as a gathered end underquilt, as you don't lay diagonal in the RR), warm and has pretty much zero room for error. Every time a hammocker uses a Lynx, an angel gets its wings. It's that good.
    - The views. Oh, the views. 180 degrees of pure, unobstructed views. No other hammock quite like it.
    - The one slightly more difficult thing is the tarp. Due to the spreader bars, you'll need a slightly larger tarp (Cloudburst or Superfly are nice options). You also need to pitch a bit higher and/or wider and/or use the side pullouts to avoid hitting the tarp edges. Not a huge deal - and worth it for all the other benefits, but something to make sure you practice lots on at a local park first.
    Brian
    Denver, CO
    Father. Husband. Scoutmaster.

Hammock
    WBRR, Lots of DIY
    Tarp
    MacCat; Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx, HG T/UQ, AHE
    Suspension
    Varies
    Quote Originally Posted by breyman View Post
    ...3. ABSOLUTELY! If mine ripped tomorrow, I'd place an order for a new one tomorrow night....
    You'd wait that long? I'd be going for the cell phone and trying to get the replacement ordered before I hit the ground.

Hammock
    wbbb xlc, rr, wwm
    Tarp
    HG cuben,Superfly
    Insulation
    WL, HG
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    I have a bb an xlc and a rr. The rr is my favorite. The view, the storage and the less fidldle factor with hanging it and the ease of uq use is unmatched.

Hammock
    Sierra Madre Ninox
    Tarp
    DIY 12x10/Stratos
    Insulation
    HG UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Straps/Amsteel UCR
    Images
    Wish I would have asked the same question when I first got started! After many purchases I stopped on the RR and never looked back! I wish it would have been my first!

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Lynx/Quilts
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gmcttr View Post
    You'd wait that long? I'd be going for the cell phone and trying to get the replacement ordered before I hit the ground.
    I'd need some time to grieve and properly say goodbye to my existing one
    Brian
    Denver, CO
    Father. Husband. Scoutmaster.

Buy the best once and don't look any further. Only make another hammock purchase if you're buying a second RR.

I have one hanging indoors right now in a space that measures less than 13 ft., so tree spacing will not be a super issue. I cannot see that set up could be called hard, straps around two trees, insert poles, adjust strap length for your preference, and lay down. If using insulation just flip hammock upside down, spread UQ and anchor corners, reflip and lay down. A short trial and error session your first hang or two will solve any issues with head low, feet high, when it is right you will know. In the beginning it actually felt tippy to me, but with use came confidence and now that never crosses my mind, they are really stabile. To sort of quote the man from a famous mens store, you're going to like yourself in this hammock, I guarantee.
    If you prepare for failure you will probably succeed.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast