How to use the Snugfit: Universal with a Hennessy Hammock

Ok folks. I've been hanging in Hennessy's for several years now, and abolutely love it. I love the bottom entry design, which most people don't seem to like, so they work great for me.

I recently bought a Snugfit from Ed, and I've emailed and called him asking for help and he has offered a few suggestions and has gone out of his way to help.

However, I'm running out of time for a Yellowstone Canoe / backcountry trip and really want to use these together...

I can get the hammock to hang right now problem... and the snugfit looks "right" to me when hanging... but I can't get into it.

When I push the snugfit aside to get into the bottom entry hennessy, the snugfit gets thrown to the side and the snugfit ends up all on the opposite side than the side I entered from.

If I STEP ON the snugfit when it is hanging under the hammock and get inside, it works great. But that is not an option for the long run when the ground is muddy instead of the grass in my yard.

Anybody have video and / or pictures of how they hang in their snugfit with a hennessy hammock? Specifically how they get into it ?

Ed is sending me some shock cord so I can try something else, but like I said, I'm running out of time before I leave for yellowstone and wanted to be able to get any responses you guys might have in time.

Thanks in advance,

Semper Fidelis,

Kent in Utah

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    HG Cuben,Warbonnet
    Insulation
    CaveCreek, HG
    Suspension
    Whoopie!!!
    Images
    I don't know if it's like my KAQ or not, but I just push the KAQ aside and sit down in the opening. When I pull my feet in, I put my hand through the opening, give the Kaq a pull to get it started and the tension on the shock cord brings it back into place. Works well on the Kaq but I don't know how similar it is to the snugfit. Hope this helps! Have a great Yellowstone Trip. Make sure to post some pics and a report.

Randy
    “Somebody told me it was frightening how much topsoil we are losing each year, but I told that story around the campfire and nobody got scared” - Jack Handy

Hammock
    Hennessey Explorer Ultralight
    Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    Insulation
    HH Super Shelter
    Suspension
    ring buckle
    Images
    I had a similar problem with my DIY quilts. I ended up having to really beef up the shock cord suspension. I would also grasp the quilt through the hammock fabric and pull it into position. I fianlly went to the Super Shelter and have resolved all those issues. But that was based on my own choices and while I strongly endorse the Super Shelter it is obviously not the only solution.
    I may be slow... But I sure am gimpy.

"Bless you child, when you set out to thread a needle don't hold the thread still and fetch the needle up to it; hold the needle still and poke the thread at it; that's the way a woman most always does, but a man always does t'other way."
    Mrs. Loftus to Huck Finn

We Don't Sew... We Make Gear! video series

Important thread injector guidelines especially for Newbies

Bobbin Tension - A Personal Viewpoint

Images
    The zipper mods a la 2Questions would be a useful solution when using the SnugFit, as well as simply handy any and all other times.
    Sometimes even a Blind Hog finds an Acorn

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Yeah, I'd cast a vote for a zipper mod. It would make everything much easier.

...and Welcome to the Forum!
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    WB Blackbird 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    JRB11x10 Z-P cuben
    Insulation
    Yeti JRB WestMtg
    Suspension
    webbing, Dutchclip
    Images
    Another vote for the zipper mod. When not using the SnugFit, you can still use bottom entry.
    Exercise, eat right, die anyway -- Country Roads bumper sticker
    Fall seven times, standup eight. -- Japanese Proverb

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyCamper View Post
    Another vote for the zipper mod. When not using the SnugFit, you can still use bottom entry.
    But he is running out of time, maybe no time for a zip mod. Can it not be grasped with right hand as you are entering, and then pulled back over to the left after your feet are in? I sometimes even have to do this with the SS pad, to get it as far to the left as I want it. ( Sorry, I had to put the laughing head in there for my 5 year old grand son)

• + New Posts