WBBB, ENO Double
    Tarp
    Superfly & SWT
    Insulation
    Snugfit/Prolite+
    Suspension
    WBStraps & Buckles

Newbie Saying Hello & ?

Hello to the forum! So here's my quick story... Got my new Campmor catalog recently, and was thumbing through as always, looking for new gear, and came across the hammocks page. Started to think back to my days as a kid rocking in the old rope hammock, and thought about our upcoming trip to Minnesota and decided, you know, I need a hammock!

SO I grabbed the REI giftcard that I had been saving for just the occasion, and after some research and great reviews I went and picked up an ENO Doublenest. I love it! Wow, amazing, just like everyone writes. Loved it so much, and after I discovered they are a NC based company, a few days later I called them direct and ordered the rest of the compnoents of their OneLink system. So now I have the Bug Guard, Profly, and Slapstrap Pros, and Easton stakes. Can't wait to get this system out in the woods!

Every night since I have been out in the backyard, I have a pergola with a ceiling fan, and I set up diagonal, post to post, and swing away. My wife has joined me the last two nights and been asleep in 10 minutes!

In the process of research i discovered this site as well, and got registered last night. Can't wait to read further in, seems to be a ton of great info and great folks!

One question I do have, why is it that the ENO hammocks and systems don't seem to get much love in this forum? All the talk seems to lean towards hennessy and spear, etc. So what gives? As so far I am very impressed, although i know I have a lot to learn about other options!

Thanks guys and looking forward to all that is to come...

Keep swingin!

Hammock
    Dutchware Half-Wit Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    HG Palace
    Insulation
    Burrow & Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Hey, another Charlottean! Welcome to HF! Glad you're here with us. Now sit back, hang on and enjoy the ride. I started out in an ENO hammock and still have one. Personally, I'm a Speer guy now, but you'll find that the ENO hammocks are very comfortable, especially one you find your "sweet spot". If you want to get together some time and compare hammocking notes, drop me an e-mail or PM. Again, welcome aboard!

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Welcome to the forums!

Why don't they get love? Good question. One of the big reasons I suspect they don't get as much adoration is because many of us require a bug solution and when you add the Guardian to the set-up it ends up being somewhat heavy, at least when compared to some of the others. Their tarps have not received good reviews from the folks here that have used them (especially from the guy that posted right in front of me), then again, advocates for the stock HH tarp are few too.

I don't think anybody talks bad about them; most of us that have one (or two, maybe five) very much like them. In my case, it just isn't one that I take hiking, mostly because of the weight.

They will always be one of my favorite lounging around hammocks at the lake, in the backyard, at a park, etc. But, for hiking they are a little heavy for some of us weenies around here.
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    warbonnet blackbird, eno doublenest
    Tarp
    oes,warbonnet
    Insulation
    yeti/incubator
    Suspension
    whoopie sling AHE
    i also started with a eno dblnest, great isn't it, i also had read the reviews of this wb bb and had to get one wow is all i can say, you to will learn, give it time, and most of all have fun by the way welcome to HF.

KEEP ON HANG'IN IN THE FREE WORLD
    i do not remember the question, however i believe beer is the answer

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    When people talk about ENO here, it's almost always positive. But like Cannibal says, there are much lighter and more functional systems for camping in most situations. The hammocks themselves get good love around here though.

I'll wager it only takes six more hangs until you change out those slap straps, though.
    “Republics are created by the virtue, public spirit, and intelligence of the citizens. They fall when the wise are banished from the public councils because they dare to be honest, and the profligate are rewarded because they flatter the people, in order to betray them.” ~Judge Joseph Story

- My site: http://www.tothewoods.net/
    - Designer, Jeff's Gear Hammock / Pack Cover by JRB

IMPOSSIBLE JUST TAKES LONGER

Hammock
    Dutchware Half-Wit Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    HG Palace
    Insulation
    Burrow & Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannibal View Post
    .......Their tarps have not received good reviews from the folks here that have used them (especially from the guy that posted right in front of me).......
    I don't know waht you're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Jeff View Post
    .......I'll wager it only takes six more hangs until you change out those slap straps, though.......
    Three.

Hammock
    DIY bridge, Pertex "Grackle"
    Tarp
    DIY 10x11
    Insulation
    DIY this-n-that
    Suspension
    Whoopie/M-spike
    Images
    A pergola with an outdoor fan sounds like a pretty ideal backyard hammock situation!

I just professed my love for a singlenest here the other day. No bugs that night, and I think there are lightweight solutions to the insect problem.
    .. truly to enjoy bodily warmth, some small part of you must be cold, for there is no quality in this world that is not what it is merely by contrast. Nothing exists in itself. If you flatter yourself that you are all over comfortable, and have been so a long time, then you cannot be said to be comfortable any more. - Herman Melville

Hammock
    It's a Secret.
    Tarp
    BWDD Winter Dream
    Insulation
    Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Slings
    Images
    Welcome to the forums enolounger. There are a great bunch of folks here and more information than you can shake a stick at... and believe me, you can shake a stick at a lot of information.

I'm glad you joined up, and even more glad you love your hammock! Good call on getting the double.
    DIY Gear Supply - Your source for DIY outdoor gear.

Hammock
    Eno Doublenest
    Tarp
    OES Standard
    Insulation
    AHE KAQ
    Suspension
    Amsteel w\MSH
    Images
    I love my ENO double. Had the same one for several years. I use the bugnet and a 9X9 SG tarp. Kinda heavy, yes, but I seldom hike over 15 miles. Welcome to the forums from a fellow North Carolinian.

Hammock
    WBBB, ENO Double
    Tarp
    Superfly & SWT
    Insulation
    Snugfit/Prolite+
    Suspension
    WBStraps & Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Jeff View Post
    When people talk about ENO here, it's almost always positive. But like Cannibal says, there are much lighter and more functional systems for camping in most situations. The hammocks themselves get good love around here though.

I'll wager it only takes six more hangs until you change out those slap straps, though.
    I can see the stretch being an issue, especially at my 250lbs. What suspension would you suggest?

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast