Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    WBCB with door kit

WBRR Owners, What Pad Size?

When it was chilly, I could sleep with my 25 degree sleeping bag. But now that it's warmed up, the sleeping bag is too hot. So I'm looking for advice on the right size pad or air mattress to put between the double layers. I've tried my Big Agnes 20" wide but it is too narrow and moves to the sides of the hammock, leaving me half on and half off the pad. Being we're coming up on summer in Texas, I don't need anything for heat, just comfort. I'm thinking an air mattress would work best, but looking for advice on the size.

Thanks for any input.

Hammock
    SuperiorGear or Dutch netless
    Tarp
    custom pentagon
    Insulation
    down hammock or UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Mantis
    Images
    I used this in the RR and worked great in the summer...

http://www.jacksrbetter.com/shop/torso-pad/

I personally didn't like the 3" air mattress I used in the RR - felt like I was too high, felt tippy.
    "I wonder if anyone else has an ear so tuned and sharpened as I have, to detect the music, not of the spheres, but of earth, subtleties of major and minor chord that the wind strikes upon the tree branches. Have you ever heard the earth breathe... ?"
    - Kate Chopin

Hammock
    Warbonnet RidgeRunner
    Tarp
    Insulhammock
    Insulation
    gigantic beer gut
    Suspension
    Never got caught
    I would recommend Exped Synmat UL 7 LW. 26" width is the minimum width that you want for your Ridgerunner

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Warbonnet
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Camo
    Insulation
    Yeti, Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckle
    The Gossamer 1/4" Pad, folded onto itself, worked great for me. It is the wide one for hammock users on their site. "Gossamer Gear". Very light.

Hammock
    Amok Draumr
    Tarp
    OEM
    Insulation
    AHE White Cloud
    Suspension
    OEM
    26" wide works for me.

Hammock
    Multicam Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    Multicam Bushcraft
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Buckles and straps
    Using my Exped downmat in mine. Nice fit and like how it makes great views fantastic.
    Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the strength to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

I've use a Therm-a-Rest Prolite Plus (self-inflating torso pad) and a Z-Seat (CCF sit pad) in my WBRR DL. Sit pad is placed at the foot end, and well, don't think I need to explain where the torso pad goes.

I like the idea of having a pad (opposed to a UQ) so I'm able to "go to ground." Or a friend can! If a hiking buddy has his system fail, he could duck under my hammock tarp, plop down a groundsheet, and make it comfortably through the night. Heck - if my hammock's my house, call the pad a guest room!

Moreover, as a gram-wee...er, gram-conscious person? I prefer multipurpose gear. That sit pad alone is a windscreen, chair, foot pad, pack rest, etc.

Weight aside, the pads are smaller and easier to pack. They're easy to piece apart, and the sit pad gets slipped under the top compression straps on my pack.

+1 on the GG Thinlight pads. REALLY lightweight, comfy as heck for being a sheet of foam, and if I'm not mistaken, they don't take on water. Means you can keep it outside the pack without worry, or line the inside of your pack with it for a makeshift frame.

• + New Posts