..not quite as good as turkey stuffing, or at least good in another way.. Sorry, I digress (from my own point).

I spent some dead time at work scrolling through good old Hammockforums, and realised I didn't see anyone do what I do when breaking camp: I leave everything put together, meaning the hammock, the UQ, the top quilt inside, as well as my sleeping attire in a ridge line organiser. I zip up the bugnet (I have a WB XLC), unhook one of the whoopies from the toggle, then just walk along the hammock and stuff it all into an Exped waterproof compression sack (size L iirc), which has straps running across it and a vent at the bottom. I chose that stuff sack because I wanted a thin sausage rather than that fat ball you get with the straps that run lengthwise, as I believe it would be easier to fit in the pack or strap to the outside if needed.

When unpacking, the whoopee of one end is on top, I hang that on the toggle and walk towards the other, letting the entire package out.

Now, HYOH and all that, but since I didn't see anyone doing it I wonder if there's something adverse that I'm missing with this approach? I think it works really great, but perhaps there's a situation I haven't encountered yet where doing this would spoil my trip? My hammock package never needs to touch the ground, I don't have to spend time packing separate items into separate stuff sacks, and setting up takes all of 30 seconds. The only things separate are my tree huggers, toggles and stakes. Obviously the tarp as well as it may be wet.

Yeah, I have too much time on my hands today, asking if there's potentially anything wrong with a well-functioning approach!