Without reading the forum for a while, I went mostly the same way like K0M4 this spring. I was thinking about the tubes as well, but they still need further compression and I do not necessarily travel with a backpack. I also found that squeezing gear in skins is not that quick.

The only difference is that I chose the Exped bag with the vertical straps : Exped Telecompression Bag Size M. Its only 19 Liters of uncompressed volume.

exped-waterproof-telecompression-bag_02.jpg

Uncompressed, I can fit easily 20F-UQ, 40F-TQ and Dreamhammock and more (except tarp and straps for earlier mentioned reasons). You can then squeeze it down to near full compression so that the straps are nearly fully pulled. It comes down to the size of a full face motorcycle helmet, so it takes half of my MC topcase.

I also got the S-sized bag which is only 13L. It takes the same hammock with my 40F gear or my tarp and UQP if wet.

If my supposed to be dry gear got wet (it never happend), I suppose I would be in trouble anyway (with mesh or dry bags) but I would like the rest of my stuff to be protected from wet gear.

I believe they make also breathable telecompression bags.

On my last night (see other topic) I was very happy that I chose this way to pack because it devided the effort by 3.

I also got the shrinkbags for other gear, but they lack the straps to really compress. The bags are waterproof and relatively air tight, but not completely, so without straps / outside pressure they will decompress.