Lunchtime Lounger

Hi all,

So I stumbled into hanging when my wife asked if I was interested in some hammocks that they had on Woot one day. The idea of it all sounded pretty nice so I asked her to get a few (one double, one single w/net). They sat around for a little while since I really never found a time to go out to find a place to try it out. Also, the Woot hammocks (Yukon Outfitters) didn't come with any sort of suspension system.

I normally take my lunch at a park and one day it occurred to me to bring a hammock. I swung by REI and grabbed a set of Atlas straps and headed to the park. I've been hooked ever since. Any day that it's not raining or too cold, I head over to the park, setup my hammock and get a comfortable half hour of reading/nodding off in before heading back to the office. Lunch is the highlight of my work day.

The itch to move to camping with a hammock brought me here. I've been looking into DIY gear to supplement or replace my current setup. This is quite a valuable repository of information you folks have going here. Thanks for all the hard work!

Hammock
    DIY bridge hammock
    Tarp
    OES/WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubator/Burrow
    Suspension
    WB Straps
    Images
    Glad you've discovered life between the trees. Welcome from New Jersey.
    Syb
    Enjoy the elevation

Hammock
    Switchback/Speer/T-Bird/WBBB/Lt Owl
    Tarp
    SF/CF/Cldburst/Oge
    Insulation
    Incub/Buro/Snugfit
    Suspension
    Cinch Straps
    Welcome aloft from SC. Check out tablecothesfactory.com for sales to make a tablecloth hammock. Crinkle Taffetta 90x132 makes a great hammock. Good luck to you, and happy hangin....
    "No whining in the woods"

You have discovered what many others did, a hammock can be the best rest stop ever. Some have been able to hang them at their workplace, I think I remember one forums member saying that he has one in his office, lucky guy. After a good day of hiking, a hammock is about the best thing in the world, and at the frequent hangs scattered around, it is so nice to just hang your hammock and enjoy the ambience of a group of hangers doing what they all love.
    If you prepare for failure you will probably succeed.

Hammock
    DIY Tablecloth Hammock
    Tarp
    DIY 12' Sil Hex
    Insulation
    DIY Costco UQ \ TQ
    Suspension
    Kammok-n-whoopies
    Images
    I have been pitching my hammock at lunch as well. I have two trees perfectly spaced where I park and it all started when I was showing my hammock to a co-worker one day and we decided to chill before returning for the afternoon. I can setup right behind the truck, have a quick bite to eat, relax a little and let the morning slip away...lol. Now I do it on a regular basis... I just have to remember to set my alarm on my mobile phone ...just in case.

Welcome to the "elevated perspective" from NC.
    "Hold an image of the life you want, and that image will become fact."---Norman Vincent Peale

Hammock
    WB Blackbird XLC Double 1.7
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Mamba TQ, Yeti UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    That sounds like a dangerous thing to do. I'd have a tough time convincing myself to head back in to the office after enjoying a half hour in the hammock. Sounds like a recipe for a lot of 2 hour lunches.

• + New Posts