Thread: UQ question

Hammock
    Dutch Hexon 1.6
    Suspension
    Whoopies

UQ question

This might sound trivial but im new - so I just picked up a Greylock and wanted to know if you could use it in reverse with the black side out? Or do you have to use it with the green on the outside?

I figure if I switch it each time im out I might get more life out of it vs. always using one side facing the elements.

Hammock
    DIY bridge hammock
    Tarp
    OES/WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubator/Burrow
    Suspension
    WB Straps
    Images
    Check the head and foot ends of the fabric. You might see a pleat in the outer (green side) indicating that it is differentially cut to allow the quilt to loft. If you reverse it you might not get as warm. I'm not familiar with the Greylock so take my advice with the grain that you should.
    Many people on here have used the same side out for years with no signs of wear.
    Syb
    Enjoy the elevation

Hammock
    Dutch Hexon 1.6
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Thanks for the info. I'll check the ends. Im really only using it in the spring/summer/fall times so it "shouldnt" get too cold during those times here in MD.

Hammock
    Clark NX250
    Tarp
    Clark Vertex
    Insulation
    JRB Greylock 4
    Suspension
    Stock Clark

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Syb View Post
    Check the head and foot ends of the fabric. You might see a pleat in the outer (green side) indicating that it is differentially cut to allow the quilt to loft. If you reverse it you might not get as warm. I'm not familiar with the Greylock so take my advice with the grain that you should.
    Many people on here have used the same side out for years with no signs of wear.
    Hey! I never thought of that! By putting the black side out it might compress the down on my Greylock 4 and insulate a bit less. That way in the event it's a bit of a warmer night it will up the temp rating of the UQ. Food for thought, thank you! You just gave me a good reason to hang this weekend and try it out. I know, Iknow. . . Like I really needed an excuse!

Hammock
    DIY bridge hammock
    Tarp
    OES/WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubator/Burrow
    Suspension
    WB Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RADIOHEAD View Post
    Hey! I never thought of that! By putting the black side out it might compress the down on my Greylock 4 and insulate a bit less. That way in the event it's a bit of a warmer night it will up the temp rating of the UQ. Food for thought, thank you! You just gave me a good reason to hang this weekend and try it out. I know, Iknow. . . Like I really needed an excuse!
    Happy to feed the addiction. Pics of that hang or else...
    Syb
    Enjoy the elevation

• + New Posts