WBBB cinched ends?

I've got a WBBB on order, its just going through UK customs as I type but until it gets here I'm trying to figure out my suspension. I need to have carabiners at each end of the hammock so I can attach to the alpine butterfly loops that hang from my ridgeline, most other cinched end hammocks I've had have a channel at each end so I just run an amsteel loop through that and job done but the WBBB doesn't appear to be like that. I need to wrap something around each end, what can I use for that?

Central California's Gateway to the Sierras
    Hammock
    DIY 11' Gathered End
    Tarp
    WB SuperFly
    Insulation
    Greylok4; GoLite20
    Suspension
    Whoopies n' Straps

WBBB cinched ends?

The BB has amsteel loops at both ends as far as I know. In Brandon's "hammock suspension differences" video, all three examples use loops at the hammock ends. On the same page, you should also watch "swapping out suspension on a Blackbird."
    http://www.warbonnetoutdoors.com/videos/
    Last edited by AaronMB; 05-18-2014 at 12:29.

I'll have to wait and see what it comes with I guess as I won't be using any of the suspension systems in the video

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    WB super fly
    Insulation
    diy kiro step uq
    Suspension
    Webbing
    Hi,
    mine came with continuous loops, other wise make up your own loops and attach your carabiners to these, but remember to attach the structural ridge line!
    If you have any problems, give me a shout on bcuk or the moot if you are going
    Regards
    Stu

Thanks Stu, I presume the loop just wraps around the cinched end with a girth hitch?

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    WB super fly
    Insulation
    diy kiro step uq
    Suspension
    Webbing
    Hi Paul,
    Yes, that's right
    Regards
    Stu

Hammock
    WBRR, Lots of DIY
    Tarp
    MacCat; Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx, HG T/UQ, AHE
    Suspension
    Varies
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul webster View Post
    Thanks Stu, I presume the loop just wraps around the cinched end with a girth hitch?
    Watch the video AaronMB suggested... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvHYp6oHXPc

Banned
    Hammock
    Cotton Amazonian, WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    Kelty, WB Superfly
    Insulation
    uq or pad
    Suspension
    Webbing, Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul webster View Post
    I need to have carabiners at each end of the hammock so I can attach to the alpine butterfly loops that hang from my ridgeline
    Perhaps you could leave just the continuous Amsteel loop at each cinched end of the WB BB and attach to your alpine butterfly loops with carabiners. The other end of this continuous loop comes attached to a fixed structural ridgeline that fits under the bugnet. You may want to replace that as well, it often needs to be adjusted anyway. I.e. untie the knot and re-tie, or replace with lighter or adjustable cordage etc. Perhaps you prefer RL external to bugnet? I never tried that. Many options, show us how you end up doing it please. Thanks
    PS if you used an external RL you may need to sew on grosgrain tabs or something to tie the bugnet to it to prevent it from laying on you. The advantage of this is you have a single ridgeline for both tarp and structural hammock. I like innovative thinking, but am not sure how many grams you really save doing this.
    Last edited by ntxkayakr; 05-18-2014 at 11:54. Reason: added PS external RL

Hi guys, wbbb turned up today and the whoopie slings were wrapped around the cinched ends. So I just made a couple of 8" continuous loops, detached the whoopies and put these on instead. Obviously making sure the ridge line and bug net was also attached to them. Thanks for all the advice
    Ps. I'm going away this weekend for a few days so I'll post some pics when I return of the single suspension I'm using

Forgot to post some pics, hopefully you can make out the single line suspension and pole side pull outs on the tarp

• + New Posts