Thread: set up

set up

hello folks,

getting ready for my first hang tomorrow night.
    ive seen it posted here before but i cant find the guidelines for setting up the warbonnet and i lost my instructions. please advise as far as the distance, angle and tightness of the ridgline.
    thank you all.

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB
    Tarp
    Custom OES BatCave
    Insulation
    JRB quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I dont have the BB so this advice comes from my memory of other users Look for two trees 13-15 feet apart. Put the straps around the tree about chest height. You want about 30-45 degree angle from the straps down to the hammock. The ridge line should not droop nor be guitar string tight. Just have some pressure on it. These should be a starting point. Play around and find what is comfortable for you

thanks road,just saw the post below and i think that about covers it. wish me luck im going to try and hang in riverside park somewhere to see the fireworks with my wife tomorrow night. hope the park cops dont make me take it down. or confiscate my cooler.

Images
    tree distance will always dictate the height at which you need to attach to the tree. no matter what the tree distance, you want to hang so the suspension lines/webbing is running up to the tree at a 25-30deg angle or so. if the ridgeline seems tight when you're laying down, it's because you're at less than that ideal 25-30 deg angle and the suspension could be loosened to achieve it. this may or may not require attaching higher to the tree

• + New Posts