Eno Double Deluxe
    Tarp
    Old Man Winter
    Insulation
    incubator 20
    Suspension
    cinch buckle
    Images
    Panther, heard them before growing up. Actually made eye contact with one around the creek from my grandmas house. Also went for a few high terrain difficulty geocaches is morning and found a neat little waterfall that's Hades to get to, but worth it.
    "Do, or do not, there is no try."-Yoda

Hammock
    Dutchware PolyD
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    JRB quilts
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    http://cryptomundo.com/bigfoot-repor...anthers-in-ms/

Feral horses also sound like children from a distance, and I know they exist in Louisiana. Like the article says, if there were panthers in Mississippi, they would be sandy brown, not black.

Hammock
    Eno Double Deluxe
    Tarp
    Old Man Winter
    Insulation
    incubator 20
    Suspension
    cinch buckle
    Images
    I've lived here 30+ years. I've also been told there are no panthers in Mississippi. I'm just saying what I heard the other night sounded like what I saw when I was young in Hinds county. Anyway, I thought we were drumming up excitement about a hang. Let's save myth disproval for campfire talk. That's some of the best topics in the woods, at night, in earshot of the kids. Better than ghost stories ever are for feeding the imagination.

Hammock
    SMR Solo/Dream Roaming Gnome
    Tarp
    WBMJ
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 20
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    So, when's the group hang? Depending on dates, I'd be interested. I've been hanging some lately on Bayou Pierre and down at Rocky Springs.

Hammock
    Eno Double Deluxe
    Tarp
    Old Man Winter
    Insulation
    incubator 20
    Suspension
    cinch buckle
    Images
    Mr. Jowee? Your trip, when were you thinking? As for Bayou Pierre, I spent many a night down there. Sad to hear about the two that lost their lives out there this weekend. It's a brutal reminder to respect mother nature, she is beautiful, but unforgiving.

Hammock
    Tarp
    WBMJ
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 20
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I was shocked to hear that also. I paddled a section of it Wednesday and the gauge was at 3ft, the accident happened at 3.55ft (which is not very high). They must not have been good swimmers or maybe alcohol was a factor (pure speculation based on it happening at Willows bridge). Either way, it is a very sad deal.

Images
    I'll float a date out there if anyone is interested. Might look at the weekend of November 14 - 16. There is a group hang in Texas and I know a lot of LA guys (and perhaps gals) will be at that. Back to back weekends may not work for many but getting it toward the "cooler" end of MS weather would be welcome.

I'll mention again the Loop B site area. It has very good trees, great parking, central area for people to gather and close proximity to the bath house/restrooms which helps in convincing the fairer sex to join us ugly, brutish boar husbands to come along. There are 12 sites on that loop, all of which, when I was there last had a minimum of 2, some as many as four good hang locations per site. That would put us able to handle anywhere from 24 up to about maybe 30 hangers. That's a crowd for sure. Throw in some group cooking and well, it's a party Marty. Anxious to see some of the trails as we weren't able to inspect that when I was there due to time constraints. The LA guys will know what this is but I can make a dang fine pot of Hate Beans or otherwise known More Pork Than Beans (I learned from the master). You could count on that from me and who knows what else.

If the date looks good or is agreeable to everyone, I'll step out and see about securing enough sites to handle everyone. We can work out how that gets paid out later as far as I'm concerned. I'll cover most of it myself. I've gotten so much from this forum and from hammock camping in general, I can't help but put something back in the mix for my MS brothers (and sisters).

Hammock
    Tarp
    WBMJ
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 20
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I'll be checking on that date. I know some time around then I have a date with some pheasants in South Dakota...

Hammock
    Eno Double Deluxe
    Tarp
    Old Man Winter
    Insulation
    incubator 20
    Suspension
    cinch buckle
    Images
    Barring something major count me in. At least two but up to ten people. (counting myself there are six hammock campers just in my household) Get with me on funding the trip by pm double d, no need to shoulder the bulk by yourself.

Images
    I know there may be some football concerns that weekend as well. Not saying the date is firm but let's get some more responses and get a little closer to the end of September before we nail something down. I'll start a new thread at for communication and advertisement and hopes of getting some more interest in the option.

Bringerofgame, I'm not sure its fair for you to bring your own sports team to gang up on the other hangers but it sounds like it'd be a gas to watch.

We surely need something in MS for MS. I know there are a lot of hangers in the state. They are just really quiet...unlike me.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast