Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    thanks for the suggestions. I have 24 yards of fabric coming from magna so I have plenty of material to fool around with trying to get this right. I am going to use 1.1 ripstop for my hammock. I'm 185 lbs and while I know many people prefer to sleep in hammock made from sturdier fabric I really enjoy the stretch that is in my 1.1 gathered end hammock. I am either going to use amsteele 7/64 or dynaglide for my cord. since I am going to be running cord I have to make my hem larger so that I can run it through after the hem is made. I will try starting from the middle and working out as well as cutting the fabric to make it conform to the curve more.

I'm still wondering if people have had much success with a rolled hem foot. I feel if this device could work it could take a lot of frustration out of the whole process.

I have had great success with making a cat cut tarp and a gathered end hammock. I feel like maybe these two projects made me feel like this project would be easier than it is. Hopefully I'll have some pictures of a successfully build bridge hammock to come.

-Loki

Hammock
    Dutch Chameleon Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    Dutch Xenon SilHex
    Insulation
    HGIncubator/Burrow
    Suspension
    Dutch BeetleBuckle
    Images
    ……
    I'm still wondering if people have had much success with a rolled hem foot. I feel if this device could work it could take a lot of frustration out of the whole process.
    My Janome HD3000 came with a rolled hem foot. I use it on every project on every edge before I do anything else. It took some practice at first on starting and feeding but once you get it, it is fast and looks awesome (not to mention adds strength. There are diff roll sizes which I'm looking into now, as my current one does a small one and there have been projects I would have liked a bigger hem
    Deja Moo: "The feeling you have heard this bull before"

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12