Hennessy Explorer ultralight
    Tarp
    JacksRBetter 10x12
    Insulation
    HH supershelter
    Suspension
    ENO atlas straps
    Hey, y'all!

Man, I am sorry - being new to this forum and old to life, I just freakin' forgot I had posted!

I'll be doing the MST from West to East - going the other way would be fun, but man, not when I would be hitting the mountains... doing section 12 with its 15 or so water crossings in November is not my idea of fun, thankyouverymuch! OR crossing the thigh deep Linville River!

I'll be posting as I go and will have my phone (which I'll turn on once or twice a day to check for texts - want to be sure all is well at home, y'know), so if anyone wants to join in on a section or two, PLEASE let me know! I'd LOVE to have the company - might keep me from looking like a crazed hobo, stumbling along with my pack, mumbling to myself! (I'd be looking like a crazed hobo, stumbling along with my pack, mumbling to YOU! )

I won't be starting the MST until September (probably around the first)(-ish). I'll be rehabbing a knee (arthroscopic surgery to repair a torn meniscus) for a few more weeks, then I plan to get on out there for short, then increasingly longer, trips. I'd love the company!

Hammock
    Tarp
    JacksRBetter 10x12
    Insulation
    HH supershelter
    Suspension
    ENO atlas straps
    Quote Originally Posted by gunner76 View Post
    Welcome to the madness from down on the coast

If you have any ??? about the MST down this way let me know.

As you do the MST you will be walking by my house and I have a large hanging area in the back yard you can set up your hammock in as you are passing thru.
    You must live a bit north of Beaufort, then?

Hammock
    Tarp
    JacksRBetter 10x12
    Insulation
    HH supershelter
    Suspension
    ENO atlas straps
    Quote Originally Posted by hikerdelita View Post
    Hello from Sanford. I just recently joined also although lurked for years as a non-member. MST!! Yea, buddy. Did my first test hike when I decided to learn to backpack on a short piece of the MST at Falls Lake. That had to be about 1998. The rest is history! Think you are probably ahead of me, tho. Maybe you can come checkout my DIY rig I'm just starting on for me. Will be following your adventures so please post everything including planning and prep. See you around! hikerdelita
    Delita, I'm new, too, though I've been doing a LOT of research and question asking. There are also three hammock pages on facebook - but nothing as extensive as HF. I'm looking forward to getting into this place! But I'd love to see what you've got going! If you're in Sanford, I might want to borrow a corner of your backyard - I'm going to walk from here to Fayetteville as part of my training. Over half the MST is on roads (boo! hiss!) and I've got to train for that, too. I'll be trudging through Sanford on the way.

Hammock
    DD Jungle
    Tarp
    WL Big Daddy
    Insulation
    DD UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Welcome to the tribe! I'm in Apex and have hung out all of the southeast. The summer I spent a lot of weekends doing segments of the MST. They are doing a ribbon cutting on a new segment from the Eno River towards Falls Lake this month.

Hammock
    Tarp
    JacksRBetter 10x12
    Insulation
    HH supershelter
    Suspension
    ENO atlas straps
    Good to know there's local hangers about! Unfortunately, my knee has decided I'm not carrying weight anywhere by foot without surgery, so I'm switching to bike touring. The hammock fits nicely on the bike and when I can get my hands on a handy hammock stand, I'll be covered for all eventualities!
    "If dogs don't go to heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went" - Will Rogers

Wag More, Bark Less.

Come over to the dark side... we have cookies!

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12