Hex 1.0 Chameleon
    Tarp
    Xenon
    Insulation
    Incubator/Burrow
    Suspension
    Secret

NH,ME,MA> Next Kayak Trip p Planning

Ok so im ready for the next yak trip!! Lets starting the planning!!

Lets hear your ideas.
    DutchWare Gear
    www.DutchWareGear.com

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    HG hex, WBSF
    Insulation
    HG Quilts
    Suspension
    Beetle
    Images
    Yes ... , I'm interested. Hit some islands off Boston , Connecticut river ,Or the Saco again. Idc

Hammock
    HH Expedition Zip
    Tarp
    WLtdpl,diySnowFort
    Insulation
    HG Inc10,DIY TQ 0?
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    I'd like to do a piece on the Connecticut. I've done Canaan to Guildhall, and would like to do the next piece. Possibly Guildhall to Barnet. But if you guys wanted to start an annual trip piecing the river together, you wouldn't have to twist my arm to do Canaan to Guildhall again. Fun piece of river. Some bony areas, class II rapids, couple portages over fords, and a breech dam or two to navigate. Very pretty country.

http://www.connecticutriverpaddlerst.../access_points

Weekends of June 7-8, and 28-29 should work great for me. I can take extra days on either end of them. 14-15 will work, but I can only take the Mon, Tue after. Have to work Fri the 13th.
    Last edited by dingbat; 05-26-2014 at 13:54.

Hammock
    Hex 1.0 Chameleon
    Tarp
    Xenon
    Insulation
    Incubator/Burrow
    Suspension
    Secret
    Im up for whatever. Islands sound cool, Connecticut sounds like a nice float, and of course the saco we could just continue on from where we left off.
    DutchWare Gear
    www.DutchWareGear.com

Hammock
    Ddhammocks Frontline
    Tarp
    It's a hand print.
    Insulation
    Blue pad/reflectix
    Suspension
    Webbing
    would anybody consider a 4 day paddle/hang at Stephen Phillips memorial preserve up in maine?

Hammock
    Hex 1.0 Chameleon
    Tarp
    Xenon
    Insulation
    Incubator/Burrow
    Suspension
    Secret
    What dates are u shooting for? I may be up for that? Any other details?
    DutchWare Gear
    www.DutchWareGear.com

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    HG hex, WBSF
    Insulation
    HG Quilts
    Suspension
    Beetle
    Images
    I'll post this since Im the one that brought it up. Excuse my ignorance but I don't know how a canoe would do in the ocean. Also we would have to be aware of the tide. Just a thought I'm open to any location.
    Rumer has it some spots on the islands are haunted.
    If it turns out too dangerous to paddle maybe we can ride over on the ferry boat and camp sometime in the future.

http://www.outdoors.org/publications...or-islands.cfm
    http://www.reserveamerica.com/campin...A&parkId=32603

Description
    The Boston Harbor Islands offers primitive service camping within sight of downtown Boston on 4 different islands - Peddocks, Bumpkin, Grape and Lovells. While you are camping, you can see the sunrise over the harbor and experience the islands in a whole new light. This rustic camping adventure offers a unique experience and may also require additional planning. On the islands there are composting toilets only, no showers, no supplies and access to fresh water is only available on Peddocks Island. Campers must bring one gallon of water per person per day. Please plan to carry it all in and carry it all out.
    The camping season generally runs from the end of June through Labor Day weekend. Reservations are required and can be made through ReserveAmerica. Individual campsites accomodate 4 adults or 2 adults and their dependent children and group sites are available for larger parties. One night reservations are accepted.

Island access is by private boat or ferry service only. Please see additional details about the ferry service below.
    Resident staff live on the island during the visiting season and provide island supervision, park and campground management as well as offer island tours and educational programs.
    New: Peddocks Island campground offers newly constructed yurts and campsites!
    IMPORTANT: MA State Parks prohibits the transportation of firewood into or out of MA State Park Campground facilities. Firewood from annual maintenance and clearing is available on islands. Small campfires are only allowed at or below the high tide line. Transportation of firewood into or out of MA State Park Campground facilities may result in eviction, or substantial fine, or both.
    Facilities:
    Camping on the Boston Harbor Islands can only be accessed by boat. Public ferries travel to Grape, Bumpkin, Lovells, Peddocks, Spectacle and Georges Islands during the summer season. Passenger ferries are located at Long Wharf North in Boston, the Fore River Shipyard in Quincy, and the Hingham Shipyard in Hingham. For a ferry schedule and to purchase tickets please visit Boston Harbor Cruises or call 617-227-4321.
    Last edited by Snaggletooth; 05-27-2014 at 16:54.

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    HG hex, WBSF
    Insulation
    HG Quilts
    Suspension
    Beetle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dingbat View Post
    I'd like to do a piece on the Connecticut. I've done Canaan to Guildhall, and would like to do the next piece. Possibly Guildhall to Barnet. But if you guys wanted to start an annual trip piecing the river together, you wouldn't have to twist my arm to do Canaan to Guildhall again. Fun piece of river. Some bony areas, class II rapids, couple portages over fords, and a breech dam or two to navigate. Very pretty country.

http://www.connecticutriverpaddlerst.../access_points

Weekends of June 7-8, and 28-29 should work great for me. I can take extra days on either end of them. 14-15 will work, but I can only take the Mon, Tue after. Have to work Fri the 13th.
    I can't make the 7-8 ,The 27-29 is the Harold Parker Hang, 14-16-17 Im free. (Im off on Sun, Mon and Tuesdays) can take a Saturday If I must.

Hammock
    HH Expedition Zip
    Tarp
    WLtdpl,diySnowFort
    Insulation
    HG Inc10,DIY TQ 0?
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by prsmith25 View Post
    would anybody consider a 4 day paddle/hang at Stephen Phillips memorial preserve up in maine?
    That's on Mooshead, which is part of the Norther Forest Canoe (ok... and kayak) Trail, correct?

http://www.northernforestcanoetrail.org/

Yes, I would.

Quote Originally Posted by gastar View Post
    Excuse my ignorance but I don't know how a canoe would do in the ocean.
    As well as the guy rigging and handling it does...so I'm not sure either, guess we'll have to find out

Quote Originally Posted by gastar View Post
    I can't make the 7-8 ,The 27-29 is the Harold Parker Hang, 14-16-17 Im free. (Im off on Sun, Mon and Tuesdays) can take a Saturday If I must.
    Just now realizing the 15th is father's day, so I may be out for that depending what my kid is up for, and what sort of situation I'm willing to take her along in to. If you want to do islands that day I'm out, but don't sweat it. It sounds cool enough that I'm sure I could talk you into doing it again at a later date, maybe in July or Sept. I may look for a simple over-night that weekend, or just hang out with the fam. at home. I think we have enough paddling destinations that we just have to start picking dates for each one and knocking them off. 5th-8th of July I should be up for anything. If you want to do islands that weekend, great, but if you make islands June 14th-17th, I'll make the CT July 5th-8th.

How's that sound?
    Last edited by dingbat; 05-27-2014 at 18:14.

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    HG hex, WBSF
    Insulation
    HG Quilts
    Suspension
    Beetle
    Images
    Yeah, I can't go Father's Day either sorry I forgot about it.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast