HHDJ JUNGLE XL(2)
    Tarp
    RSBTR & Superfly
    Insulation
    TQ HG20* UQ HG20*
    Suspension
    Dutch cinch buckle
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallyrob View Post
    Wow! I hope your Grandson gets better. I really wish we could have met up. I guess I took a wrong trail or something. We ended up at the campground with a bunch of ground dwellers all around, good people though. Keep us posted on the next group hang and will try and not get lost this time. lol.
    Wallyrob I completely understand your not finding us. I knew there were some people there and I knew where they were suppose to be but I walked right on past them. There were only two hammocks hanging at that time and I did not go close enough to the river to see them. I walked across the East Fork and up the trail for a pretty good ways and no campers. So I was sure I had missed them and when I got back to the East Fork I saw the tarps through the trees.
    We will be sure to give you good directions next time around. Living as close as you do you should go up for a day trip and check out the trail and camping areas. This was my second trip there and it will not be my last. Since I live in Raleigh it has to be planned ahead. Wish I could just get up one morning and take off to Burrells Ford. I kind of did that this time. I decided to go Thursday afternoon and left Friday morning at 4:45 am.
    I am sure there will be a hang there this fall. It is fun if there are 3 people or 30. See you there. Chigger

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear Quest
    Insulation
    Warbonnet Wookie
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    2ply, I'm so sorry to hear about David. I hope and pray all goes well for him . You were certainly blessed to have such help so close.
    Swampfox
    He is your friend, your companion, your defender... he is your dog. You are his life, his leader, and master. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of that devotion.

Hammock
    Hennessy Explorer Deluxe Zip
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 40*
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Chigger View Post
    Wallyrob I completely understand your not finding us. I knew there were some people there and I knew where they were suppose to be but I walked right on past them. There were only two hammocks hanging at that time and I did not go close enough to the river to see them. I walked across the East Fork and up the trail for a pretty good ways and no campers. So I was sure I had missed them and when I got back to the East Fork I saw the tarps through the trees.
    We will be sure to give you good directions next time around. Living as close as you do you should go up for a day trip and check out the trail and camping areas. This was my second trip there and it will not be my last. Since I live in Raleigh it has to be planned ahead. Wish I could just get up one morning and take off to Burrells Ford. I kind of did that this time. I decided to go Thursday afternoon and left Friday morning at 4:45 am.
    I am sure there will be a hang there this fall. It is fun if there are 3 people or 30. See you there. Chigger
    Chigger, Yes it was a little confusing trying to find the area. We parked and walked the mile or so to what I thought was the hang area but guess I was wrong. I met another father and son hammock hangers who were also newbies such as us. We got to talking and he had never been on hammockforums.net. I believe he's now a convert and should be signed up now.

Keep us posted on the next hang and we will be sure to get better directions so we can meet up with everyone.
    -No man is above the law and no man is below the law, nor do we ask his permission when we require him to obey it.

Theodore Roosevelt, 1903

Hammock
    DIY, Dutch Argon
    Tarp
    Squidbilly/Tadpole
    Insulation
    20 Incubator,WL SS
    Suspension
    whoopies, MSH
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallyrob View Post
    Chigger, Yes it was a little confusing trying to find the area. We parked and walked the mile or so to what I thought was the hang area but guess I was wrong. I met another father and son hammock hangers who were also newbies such as us. We got to talking and he had never been on hammockforums.net. I believe he's now a convert and should be signed up now.

Keep us posted on the next hang and we will be sure to get better directions so we can meet up with everyone.
    Sounds like you were at the campground. To get to where we normally hang, you don't park in the parking lot. Coming from the GA side, you cross the river and park at the trailhead just after you cross the river, before you get to the parking lot for the campground. Shortly after you begin the trail, you will come to a small creek with a downed tree across it and a steep bank on the other side. You follow the river upstream about a mile where the East Fork flows into the Chattooga and we usually camp in the area to the left, right before you cross the footbridge. You can also drive to the Fishery and hike in that way, but I have never done that. There has been some talk about going further up the trail because of the condition of the trees at the usual camping spot.
    Keep movin', keep believing and enjoy the journey!

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12